Chapter 4: Twilight

Disclaimer(s): None of the image(s) used in this chapter belongs to me. The Pixiv or Twitter source(s) will be linked underneath each image if available or unless it is from an official source.

Title Source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/79070562

Word Count: 7.9k Words

=======================================

3rd Person POV

Japan - Airport of Rin and Sakura's Home City

The airport was an unusual experience for Y/N as he and his mother had little to no reason to travel but he was still awed by the sight of its interior. Everything about this place, from the mopped, sparkling floor, the comfortable, clean cushioned seats in the waiting areas, the perfectly functioning vending machines, the bright signs detailing flight routes and other information, to the long lines of people had captured his attention.

"Woah! Everything's so clean and there are so many people just like at the mall!"

Gestell looked back at him and raised an eyebrow while Valda next to her simply giggled at his jaw-dropped expression, "Why are you so surprised? This is fairly common."

"Not back at home! The nearest airport looked nowhere as good as here and there wasn't even a third of the people here!" Y/N replied and continued to look around with his eyes wide like a child at an amusement park for the first time while Gestell merely sighed and turned back forward. "So, why exactly do we need to come here?" The young man called out to Valda who looked over her shoulder with an expression that encouraged him to continue. "Can't you just, I dunno. Do that thing?"

"Obviously not." Gestell stepped in before he could finish. "Sakura borrowed one of Valda's private jets without anyone but us knowing and, by now, I'm sure that the media is already covering it. We're gonna have to take it back or else there's gonna be too much attention here."

"Huh? Is Valda some big shot or something?"

For the first time since they'd met, Gestell did the closest thing to a laugh. "Hah! Good one!" Her snarky smile didn't last too long when she noticed Y/N staring at her, confused and waiting for her to explain. "Wait, you're not joking?"

"Uh... No?"

Gestell opened her mouth to say something but Valda was quick to place a hand on her mouth, effectively shutting her up. "We can save this for later, alright? Now, Y/N, can you sit here and wait for me and Gestell to sort some things out?" Valda shot him a small smile and he found it difficult to protest.

"Fine..."

"Thank you~! Here, if there's something that you wanna buy, then you can use this!" Valda reached into her pocket and handed over the same black credit card that she had tossed to Sakura to help her pay off her debts.

Y/N stared at the card in his hands and gulped nervously. "You sure about this? I don't want you getting into any financial troubles..."

Now it was Valda's turn to laugh and what a delightful sound it was as the people around them glanced at her, also entranced by the sound as he was with the exception being Gestell who rolled her eyes.

"You don't have to worry about something silly as that! We'll be back soon, okay?" Valda patted him on the shoulder and waved goodbye with Gestell right behind her.

Y/N sighed and slipped the card into his pocket, ignoring the stares he was getting from onlookers. Placing his hands behind his head, he walked out of the airport and looked around to see if there was anything of interest. "Great, what am I supposed to do now?" There was little to look at or to be interested in at an airport. The main appeals were the airplanes but they didn't matter that much to him ever since he learned how to fly and airport food left a lot to be desired.