Chapter 6 - Melting Ice

Disclaimer(s): None of the images used in this chapter belong to me and the Pixiv or Twitter source will be posted underneath the images if available.

Title Source - https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/110551808

Word Count: 36.1K Words

"I'm free

"I'm free..."

=======================================

The streets of Berlin, Germany were mostly quiet at night as a majority of the entire population retreated into their homes long before darkness completely covered the city, only barely illuminated by the illuminous golden glow from the numerous street lamps planted around the city and tri-colored luminesce from the equally plentiful traffic lights. The only sounds in the city at this time consisted of cars driving down the wide roads with the occasional irritated honking from an impatient driver trying to get home as fast possible and sink into the comfort of their bed after a long day at work or a bar getting a tad too rowdy as the patrons indulged themselves on. 

Other than that, it was a serene silence that one could easily get used to and even enjoy within no time.

However, on this night, it was anything but silent as a van raced down a street with a pair of police cruisers chasing after it. A group of four masked men occupied the vehicle: two in the front seats and two sitting in the back with an assault rifle resting on their laps.

"These bastards don't know when to give up!" The driver scowled and pressed her foot harder down on the gas pedal while her eyes darted between the rear-view mirror and the road. Next to her, the man sitting in the passenger seat slid open the hatch connecting to the back of the van.

"Alright, light them up, boys!" He commanded and the two men sitting in the back nodded and kicked open the rear doors and opened fire. 

The sounds of glass shattering and tires screeching filled the night, followed by the alarming distinct noise of gunfire that woke many. The rain of bullets caught the policemen off guard, forcing them to swerve and come to a screeching halt, lest they were grievously wounded.

"Haha, that'll show them to not mess with us!" One of the grunts laughed as they closed the doors and drove off into the night, getting onto an empty highway.

"Damn straight! So, what's the plan now?" The other grunt asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" The first grunt pointed towards the corner. 

Huddled up against the corner of the van was a terrified young woman with her arms and legs tied together by some rope.

"W-What do you want from me?" She whimpered and shifted uncomfortably in her seat, feeling their lecherous gaze on her.