Confessions

Russia was speechless. He couldn't believe he hadn't made the connection earlier. Of course No-Man wasn't changing heights and weapons. There were four separate No-Men, each sent for different victims.

"My friends," announced No-Man 4 — now dubbed as Mastermind — "Do not waste your weapons on this fool! We have one more left, remember? I promised we would finish him off together."

Mastermind walked forward towards the terrified crowd. They all huddled together, refusing to let him through. But he was too strong and pushed his way through the crowd. He grabbed Germany's arm. Germany tried to break free from Mastermind's iron grip but it was no use. Mastermind pulled him to the other No-Men and stood him up straight.

"Don't touch him!" Russia yelled, ready to protect his friend at every opportunity. No-Man 2, or Shooter, aimed his revolver at Russia. He knocked it out of his hand and pulled Germany away from the No-Men.

"Don't just stand there, get him!" Mastermind yelled. They were all sort of hesitant, but followed their boss's orders. Then, all of a sudden, the CountryHumans surged forward and attacked the No-Men. The never saw it coming. Everyone grouped up and took the four of them down. They were tied up with a rope that one of them randomly had and their weapons were removed.

"Now, let's see who these No-Men really are," Russia said, taking the mask off Mastermind. He was shocked to see red, white, and a black swastika. It was the one and only Third Reich.

Germany blinked and went pale. "Vater?" he asked softly.

Reich glared at him. "Yes, it is I."

Tears built in Germany's eyes. "Did you really mean what you said about me, about East and West?"

"Yes, you idiot boy," Reich spat. "If it weren't for the fact that you loved me, I would've gotten rid of you years ago. You didn't want to continue the German power. You chose to be kind and polite to everyone. That's not what I wanted."

"I did it because I was scared!"

"You see, this is what I was saying. You're nothing but a scared, cowardly child."

"I did it because... I was scared of becoming like you."

There was silence. Reich's eyes widened. "Becoming like me? What is that supposed to mean?"

"I was afraid to rise up against you because I was afraid of becoming like you. You were evil, terroristic, mentally unstable even. I didn't want to be like that. I didn't want to be feared. I wanted to be a friend. And that's what I've done. I did it because I'm ashamed of what you did."

Everyone could tell that Germany had never said anything like that to his father. He didn't look at Reich.

"You little-"

"No. Be quiet. I don't want to continue this conversation. Somebody unmask this one, No-Man 3."

Russia removed the mask of No-Man 3, or Samurai. Long white hair spilled out around him. Except Samurai wasn't a he. Samurai was actually the Japanese Empire.

Japan slowly walked near her mother. Imperial didn't look at her. The two looked so alike, the only difference being fox ears instead of cat ears. They both had long white hair, large red eyes, and the Rising Sun on their flags.

Japan stared at her mother. "What? Why? Why did you attack me?" was all she could ask.

Imperial didn't look at Japan. "I didn't want to. That's why I sliced my hand with my katana. If you were to be harmed, I would harm myself."

"But... why did you throw that shuriken?"

"Again, I did not want to. It was also aimed at America. I didn't think that he would be able to dodge it. I didn't mean for it to hit you. I didn't fight back against him because I knew I deserved the punishment. That was my punishment... I am so very sorry, my Nihon-chan."

Japan kneeled down and hugged her mother. Tears ran down her face. "I've missed you so much," she whispered. "I forgive you."

While the mother and daughter had the touching moment, Russia unmasked Shooter who turned out to be the Kingdom of Italy. He explained his situation to Italy, and he too didn't want to do what he did, and apologized to his son many times. Italy forgave him and they, too, embraced in a hug.

Looking at the other three, Russia had a sinking feeling in his stomach. If the last three had been Reich, Imperial, and Kingdom, the last one could only be one person.

He looked at the last No-Man, Giant. Giant didn't look at Russia. Russia slowly approached him and with shaking hands, he reached to unmask him. "Don't do it," Giant murdered. "The truth will hurt." Russia ignored him and pulled off the mask. His assumption had been correct. The last  and first No-Man was his mother, the Soviet Union.

"I... I... I thought you said you loved me," Russia said, remembering the echoing words his mother told him before she died.

"I did," Soviet replied. "I still do."

"Then why did you do the things you did?"

"I was forced to. We all were." She glared at Reich. "He forced us. We refused but he somehow sort of... I don't know... brainwashed us."

"Oh I wouldn't say brainwashed, more like mind-controlled," Reich said. He reached into his pocket that they had forgotten to check and pulled out a small object with three large buttons. "And now, I believe it's time for you to finish the job."

He pushed a button and Soviet winced. She shut her eyes and groaned in pain. The, her head flew up and she gave an evil look. She did not look the same. Her eyes were cold, dark, and empty. She grabbed hold of the ropes that bound her and ripped them as if they were strings. Then, she ripped the ropes of the other Axis Powers as well.

Reich stood and smiled evilly. He pulled out a Luger pistol from some other invisible pocket. "My friends," he announced, "It is time for us to finished what we started all those years ago! Attack!"

Imperial and Kingdom just stood there. Reich glared at them. "What are you waiting for?"

"We can't do this anymore," Kingdom said.

"I cannot bring myself to be the terrible thing I was during the war," Imperial added.

Reich scowled at his partners. "Idiots!" he exclaimed. "That's what you both are!" He aimed his gun at Japan and Italy and pressed two buttons on the remote control. Imperial and Kingdom were bow in Reich's mind control. "Now you'll pay the price." Before he could fire, however, America flung the gun out of Reich's hand. He aimed his own gun at him.

"You hurt anyone, you're going to be the one to pay," he said.

Reich looked at America's gun unfazed. "Do you really think that a simple threat is going to scare me?" he asked.

America smirked. "Yes. Because I've got friends."