A Beautiful Ending

Soviet looked at her son, lying limp in her arms. She shook her head. She had been such an idiot. She didn't even try to resist to Reich's control, and now look at what happened. Her son was dead, killed by her own comrade.

Soviet had never really known what true sadness was. She had never experienced it. Nothing had ever made her this emotional. Not even Ukraine's state after the Chernobyl Explosion had made her feel this much grief. But seeing Russia dead made her cold heart wrench. She held him to her heart and her eyes widened. She could feel a heartbeat. It was very soft, but she could feel it.

"What's wrong?" asked Canada, wiping her eyes.

"I... I think I feel a heartbeat."

"What!? Let me feel!"

Soviet handed Russia to Canada and she put her ear to his chest. Sure enough, she could feel a rhythmic heartbeat. "But... how?"

"I think he did it the same way Reich did." Soviet knew that he would always take the challenge. Of course he had rebuilt his heart. He would never turn an opportunity down like that.

Russia began to breathe, and his eyes slowly opened. Canada covered her hand with her mouth. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. "Russia?" she asked.

He smiled. "Yes?"

"RUSSIA!" Canada cried, throwing her arms around him. She didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or both. "I thought you were gone forever!"

"I was," Russia replied. "But I knew I had better things here than drinking tea in the Room if Life." He winked at his mother. She smiled, and knew what he meant.

"What important things?" asked Canada.

"Oh, you know," Russia said. "Vodka, bears, snow, winter, ice-skating, my siblings, my friends and family." He paused and looked into Canada's eyes. "You." He glanced at Kazakhstan, who was nodding to encourage him to go on.

"Russia," Canada said seriously, "Those things you said before you... died. Were they... true?"

"Every word... Were yours true?"

"Everything."

Russia smiled. "You know, I believe we didn't finish something." He leaned forward and kissed Canada. She was a little shocked, but realized what it meant. The two wrapped their arms around each other, and kissed.

"I always knew those two were meant for each other," America said

"Me too," added Japan.