midnight rendezvous

He didn't know what made him say yes to her, he could make up a lie about the weed to Snape. There was no way he'd believe a Potter over him, but Theo went anyway. He was already slipping into his sandals and walked downstairs.

A little midnight stroll with Aurora Potter couldn't hurt.

He yawned, though he was tired he tried his best to keep his eyes open. He used the light from his wand to guide his steps, and after minutes, he arrived at Aurora's location, but did not see her.

For a moment, he was annoyed, thinking she pranked him and got him to get up in the middle of the night walking around the dark castle for nothing.

He texted her to ask where she was.

She appeared out of nowhere, kind of taking him by surprise, but he'd learned that surprises were normal when it came to Aurora Potter.

He said that he saw her.

She said hi.

He walked towards her, but didn't quite know what to say. What was he supposed to say?

"Thanks," she mumbled abruptly, breaking the silence that he thought was uncomfortable.

"Thanks?" he asked.

"Yeah," she nodded. "For coming here." Her eyes wandered around. She looked everywhere, everywhere but his eyes. He noticed that.

"Course," he replied, shrugging. "I was going to say no big deal, but if I did, this would probably be a regular occasion."

She chuckled softly, her cheeks slightly becoming pink. "You don't want it to be?"

"While I am a fan of you," he winked. She was already flirting first, he was returning the favor. "I'm not a fan of getting caught," he admitted. And it was true. The thrill could be fun sometimes, but not when he actually had to face consequences.

"Lucky you," she said, pulling out what seemed to be a cloak. "I have this." She wrapped it around the both of them, and she finally looked at his eyes. She looked at them, Theo looked into hers. They were pretty. Very pretty.

If he could be honest, Theodore Nott would say that Aurora Potter was beautiful. He had always thought it, but there was no way he could even utter a single word to her. Not when her brother was around, not when she had James Potter as a dad.

And she never paid attention. Or at least he didn't think she did. He tried, of course, to get her attention. But obviously, he had failed then.

"What's this supposed to mean?" he asked.

"An invisibility cloak," she answered. "And gosh, Nott, please don't tell anyone about this."

"The cloak?"

She nodded.

"How could you trust a Slytherin?"

"I can't," she huffed. "But I'm just going to have to take your word for it."

He smiled.

Theo took his finger to his lips. "My lips are sealed," he whispered.

His eyes stayed locked in hers, and they didn't say a word. He was just taking it all in, how unreal she looked even in the middle of the night, even when the only light was coming from their wands, even in her pajamas.

"What are you doing here anyway?" he then asked.

"Got tangled up in a dare with Hermione and Ron," she sighed. "Harry was supposed to be with me, but you know he's a little bitch and chickened out." She rolled her eyes, but Theo chuckled. He'd always wondered what it'd be like having a sibling around.