𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

Curse of the Moon

Mr and Mrs Lupin had allowed Remus to accompany Professor McGonagall to meet the new student attending Hogwarts after the holidays. He decided to go for the sole purpose of meeting another werewolf, like himself, hoping that he could in fact have someone who knew what he had to experience and go through.

Thankfully it wasn't the muggle two and a half-hour drive, McGonagall apparated to the Thorn's residence. Remus glanced around his surroundings wide open spaces, there wasn't another house for miles the perfect place for a wizarding family to live.

Professor McGonagall and Remus Lupin approached the small cottage. Professor McGonagall informed Remus that, the girl didn't have a lot of knowledge of werewolves or how they are treated in the wizarding society in the United Kingdom.

"Before we head inside, I never told her that I would be bringing you, and I didn't mention your condition, I think that should be something you tell her when you're ready," McGonagall assured him.

McGonagall knocked on the door, Remus took a deep breath while he wasn't the most confident when meeting new people. With he and the girl going through a similar issue then maybe, it would be easier to form a friendship with this girl.

"Professor, I wasn't aware you were bringing anyone with you," Nora Thorn asked, smiling at the taller 13-year-old boy.

"I thought he could keep Miss Thorn company while we discuss her transfer to Hogwarts School," McGonagall said,

Nora gestured for her and the young boy to enter her home. She walked them through to her living room where Freya sat reading a book. Remus creased his brows as he saw the title of the book, 'Lycanthropy and You' she quickly closed the book carefully sliding it between the cushions.

"Freya, I'd like to introduce you to Professor McGonagall the deputy headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy," her aunt Nora said, Freya smiled at her

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Thorn, I have with me, Remus Lupin, I've asked him to help you adjust at Hogwarts, hopefully, you'll become quite good friends," Professor McGonagall said, Remus Lupin smiled at her, offering his hand to her, Freya shook his hand.

"I'm Freya Thorn, it's nice to meet you,"

"It's nice to meet you too," Remus replied

"Right, well while I chat with Minerva, why don't you show Remus some of your books, do you like reading dear?" Nora asked, he nodded

Nora and Professor McGonagall left the two young teens to get to know each other. Remus sat on the sofa with Freya, the pair sat there in silence, not having anything else in common except a bad experience. She moved her book to the table positioning the book so he couldn't see the title.

"So, what was Ilvermorny like?" he asked

"Fine, I guess nothing special,"

"What about your friends?"

"They haven't spoken to me in a while," Freya told him, "probably annoyed that I left," she chuckled

"What book are you reading?" Remus asked, she nervously passed him the book, hoping that he didn't hold prejudiced views against werewolves, Remus looked at the book a small smile appeared on his face.

"When did it happen?" he asked

"When did what happen?"

"My dad got me the same book when I got attacked," he explained

"You're a werewolf too?" he cringed

"Yes, Professor McGonagall thinks I can help you,"

"How long?" Freya asked

"It'll be ten years this March," he told her, "My dad works in the Ministry of Magic, he stated that all werewolves should be put to death,"

"Oh my god, that's terrible,"

"Yes, Fenrir Greyback thought that too, he attacked me in retaliation, the last thing he said to my dad was 'if you hate werewolves so much, you'll hate your son now too' My dad had done everything in his power to give me the best life he could since then," Remus explained

"You were just a child, that werewolf attacked you purposely," Freya said

"Yeah, so how did it happen to you?" Remus asked

"I was in the wrong place at the wrong time," she started, "I lived in the city, though leading up to a full moon, most werewolves go somewhere more open, but this night, a werewolf had stayed in the city," she took a deep breath, before continuing, "My friends and I shouldn't have been out that night, it happened so quick, I don't really remember much, I just remember waking up in the hospital,"

"I'm sorry you went through that," Remus said

"No, I feel more sorry for you nine years, that means you were 5-years old,"

"4-years-old, actually," Remus told her "McGonagall thinks I can help you prepare for your first full moon, I don't exactly know how I can help,"

"I have books from the owner of the store, he even gave me his address if I ever had any questions,"

"That's kind of him," Remus said, wishing he had someone like that to turn to. Freya could hear his heartbeat race slightly sensing that he might have no one she offered him some of her other books.

'Werewolves of the New World'
'Lycanthropy and You,'
'Curse of the Moon'
'Pack Mentality'
'Born Wolf vs Bitten Wolf'

Remus was most intrigued by 'Born Wolf vs Bitten Wolf' as he had no idea there were different types of werewolves. Wanting to discover more of what Freya knew hoping that she could offer some knowledge as well as he could for her.