𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓

A Whomping What?

Nora Thorn enjoyed having her niece come and stay with her, Nora never had children of her own. She was grateful that Freya wasn't a toddler that she would have to chase around, she worried about how exactly Professor Dumbledore was going to keep her niece safe in Hogwarts during her future monthly transformations.

Freya double-checked she had everything, hiding the books under her robes, she scrambled through her draws as she only had four books. She tipped her trunk over for everything to fall out, the loud noise caused her aunt Nora to rush upstairs with her wand tightly gripped in her hand.

"What on earth are you doing?" she asked

"I've lost one of my books, 'Born Wolf vs Bitten Wolf,' I can't find it anywhere, we have to leave soon and I-

"Freya, calm down you gave your book to that boy what was his name, Lupine?"

"Lupin, I think it was," Freya corrected her

"Well, hurry and repack your trunk, Professor Dumbledore wants to see you before the students arrive," she told her.

Nora escorted Freya to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, she gazed up at the castle, the structure was similar to that of Ilvermorny School. Freya felt at ease with knowing the school structure was similar, it made her feel at home.

The school still had some students that stayed over the Christmas holidays, Freya felt many eyes on her. She avoided looking at anyone, hoping she would give herself away. The last thing she wanted was the whole school to know she was a werewolf.

She followed aunt Nora through the castle hall, they reached a gargoyle statue, which moved aside revealing a stairway. To an office, inside was Professor McGonagall who she had already met, a tall woman, who appeared to be a matron of the school. A wizard with long grey hair, with a long grey beard, sat at the desk.

"Miss Thorn, I'd like to introduce you to the Headmaster, Professor Dumbledore," McGonagall introduced him to Freya, "I'll be sorting you into your house here, just out of curiosity which house was in at Ilvermorny,"

"Wampus, the house represents the body, favouring warriors, as the Wampus Cat, is fierce and courageous," Freya explained.

"I have a feeling, I know which how you may be in but just to be sure, take a seat Miss Thorn," Professor McGonagall said, Freya sat on a stool, as McGonagall place an old pointed hat on her head.

"Hmm, you are not a wizard of the United Kingdom, not many transfer students come to Hogwart. You're brave and intelligent. A thirst for new adventures."

"GRYFFINDOR!" the hat roared.

"Well suited Miss Thorn, I'd like you and your aunt to accompany Madam Pomfrey to the hospital wing," Professor Dumbledore told her, Madam Pomfrey showed Freya and her aunt to the hospital wing.

"You shall report to the hospital wing, the night of a full moon after the students are all in bed, I'll escort to the Whomping Willow,"

"A whomping what?"

"A safety precaution for you and others in the school," Madam Pomfrey explained "You'll also be given a bottle of Wolfsbane to take the week leading up to your transformation," Freya nodded, not truly knowing how to respond to the mediwitches advice.

"I'll show you show you to your dormitory," Nora said, guiding Freya out of the Hospital room.

"You know where my dormitory is?" she asked

"Dear child, has your father told you nothing," Nora exclaimed "why your father and I were in Gryffindor house when we attended Hogwarts,"

"I never knew that, dad doesn't talk much about his time at school," Freya told her, the portrait of a lady, opened the door for them to enter.

"She'll usually ask for a password, but for now she's being given permission to let us through," Nora explained

"It's very red," Freya said, Nora agreed

"Yes, it is, I do hope you enjoy it here," Nora told her, Freya looked around, the common room then she saw the stairway to the girl's bedrooms.

"I take it I'll be staying up there,"

"Yes, with other girls in your year,"

Freya looked around placing her trunk down on one of the beds. She wasn't entirely sure which beds had already been taken, she just hoped she hadn't taken someone else's bed. Nora would have to leave soon, she was greeted by a girl around her age, who had come upstairs to her room.

"Oh, hi you must be the new girl, I'm Mary, nice to meet you," she shook her hand,

"I haven't put my trunk on someone's bed have I?" Freya asked

"Yes, that's Alice's bed, she won't mind,"

"I wouldn't feel right about taking her bed, is there a spare?" Mary gestured to the bed next to Alice's bed.

Mary helped Freya unpack her trunk, while also going through Freya's timetable with her, they had a lot of classes together, so at least now Freya wouldn't get lost on her first day. Mary handed Freya all her books, most of them were textbooks though they weren't the kind students used at Hogwarts.

"You have a lot of books about werewolves"

"Oh yeah, they teach us about them in great detail at Ilvermorny," Freya hated lying but she knew it was necessary if she wanted to have a normal wizarding life.

"That's cool, tomorrow everyone will be coming back, you'll get to meet everyone, Lily, you'll love her, Marlene will act as your spirit guide to Hogwarts, Alice will offer you comforting wisdom, and Me, I'll be the best friend I can be, oh this is going to be so much fun," Mary jumped clapping her hands together.

Freya had to admit it was nice to have someone to talk to again, she hadn't received any letters from any of her friends. She was also curious to see Remus again, he still had her book, but she also wanted to ask him about the night of the full moon.