𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆

We Aren't Blind

Freya pondered on the idea of telling Remus' friends the more she thought about it, she couldn't bare the thought of them knowing just yet. She needed to know them more, and build trust with them as she sat in her Transfiguration class.

Grasping the knowledge a lot easier than she would have at Ilvermorney school. She noticed, James, glancing between her and Remus, throughout the lesson. Remus however, seemed to be oblivious to his gaze, she kept her eyes on the professor taking in their lesson. She heard him whispering to Sirius. 'I heard her and Remus talking...

"Miss Thorn," Professor McGonagall spoke, drawing her attention,

"I'm sorry, I wasn't listening what did you say," she said,

"I asked if you caught up with the work,"

"Oh, yes I am thank you,"

"Alright, we'll continue," she McGonagall turned back to teaching.

She looked behind her, James and Sirius were now eyeing her and Remus up. 'Oh god they know' she held her head high Mary tapped her shoulder, handing her a note. She nodded her head towards Remus, she opened the note.

"Are you alright? All I can smell is fear on you," she turned to him lightly shaking her head.

As class concluded she hurriedly packed her books, heading out of the classroom, Remus wasn't far behind her. He stopped her, she saw James, Sirius and Peter walking towards, she took a deep breath, 'it isn't so bad, they'll be fine,'

"They know Remus,"

"What-

"Hey Moony, we aren't blind you know," Sirius spoke, creasing his brows, acting oblivious to their assumption.

"What are you on about?" he asked.

"Oh god, here it comes,"

"You're going out with her," James said.

"YES!" she said her thought out loud, her eyes widened as did Remus' "I didn't mean to shout," she quickly stood in front of Remus with her back to James, Sirius and Peter pleading with him, 'Please,'

"How'd you know?" he asked

"I heard you talking, you said, if you don't want us to find out then you best find a way to explain why you're always together" James explained, he smiled at Freya "and you didn't want to lie to us," She smiled this was another lie and she didn't mean for it.

"POTTER! BLACK!" An older Slytherin boy covered in thick tar shouted at them.

"Oh fuck," Sirius murmured, "We've got to go," he pushed James, they sprinted along the hallway,

"I better go and help them," Peter said, hurrying to their aid, leaving the two alone.

"Thank you," she whispered, "I thought about it, I just don't think now is the time to tell them about me,"

"You basically shouted to the whole school that we're dating,"

"I know, I'm so sorry about that, thank you though for going along with it,"

"Yeah, it's fine, not like we need to do anything to prove it,"

"That's true, we'll clear it up, as soon as possible, I promise, hopefully, I'll be ready to tell them the truth,"

"Yeah, take your time, just maybe not too long," she noticed his stance changing, his scent changed he was hiding something from her.

"Why not, what I never wanted to tell them?" she asked he sighed, looking around them before he spoke.

"They've known what I am since the end of our first year, I didn't know they knew until second year-

"Your point being?"

"They know I'm alone all night, they still believe I am," she creased her brows, unsure of how that was a problem, "they've been trying to figure out a way for them to join me, without me trying to kill them-

"Remus," she said, wanting him to get to the point

"They've figured it out, if they become animagi then they can join me on full moons,"

"They'll know about me, even if I don't tell them,"

"Yes, the sooner you tell them, the better," he said, she nodded.

While he didn't want her to feel pressured to tell them, about her secret, if he told now after nearly 2 years that he didn't want to join him, they'd know something was wrong. He knew better than anyone that they wouldn't rest until they knew why.

The pair walked to the Great Hall, many eyes were on them, giggly smiles from Alice and Mary, while Lily and Marlene tried to keep their smiles to themselves. Word seemed to get around fast, she looked around the hall spotting two out-of-breath Gryffindors, it appeared that the Slytherin had caught them as they both had bruises on their faces.

"What happened to you two?" Freya asked sitting opposite them,

"We got caught, what's it look like?" Sirius said, wincing as his cheek ached.

"You should get it checked out,"

"I think James has it worse," Remus commented

"The idiot, broke my glasses," he said, not looking up from his plate, "I can't see a damn thing without them,"

"Here, I'll fix them," Freya offered, taking his glasses, holding her wand up to them "Oculus Reparo," James put his glasses back on, thankful that a spell like that existed.

"Thanks, I should remember that one," she smiled at him.

She had no idea when they would master the spell to turn into Animagi, she needed to build as much trust in them as she could. Then maybe she could tell them about her secret, they kept Remus' secret, while that was enough to say that they wouldn't judge her. Remus was their friend she wasn't they didn't have any kind of loyalty to her at all.