𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

Fourteen

As much as he didn't want to celebrate his birthday two days after a full moon, Sirius, James and Peter thought it would cheer him up. Knowing how exhausted he usually was after a full moon, Remus waited for Freya to come downstairs.

He needed to question her on a range of things, 'how was she able to transform faster than he could?' 'how did she manage to stay perky the next morning, rather than fighting to stay awake?' he noticed James staring at him, he sighed.

"What are you looking at?"

"You keep looking at the girl's common room,"

"I'm waiting for Freya to come downstairs," he said

"Oh, you already missed her, she left for the study," James informed him, as Remus stood up he wolf-whistled, "go get your girlfriend,"

"She's not my girlfriend,"

"Then leave the poor girl alone, you're starting to look creepy,"

"Oh, you mean like how you leave Lily alone?"

"Ouch, bad night?" Remus rolled his eyes at him as he left for the study hall. 'If they knew why I was interested they'd back off,'

He found her peacefully studying in the far corner of the study hall, he couldn't understand her energy it seemed like just another day to her. He walked across the hall to her, sitting down in front of her, Freya flicked her eyes up at him.

"You okay?"

"No, I'm not," he said, she put her quill down, "how you so fine?" he whispered, knowing what he meant.

"I don't know, I didn't let the pain get to me, I pushed through, a guy told me, I should never be afraid of my wolf because it's a part of me now,"

"What are you saying?"

"I allowed my body to change, it still hurt but was over faster," she said, he sat back thinking of all the times he had been scared to just let it happen, could it really be that simple?

"You coming to my birthday?" he asked

"If you want me to,"

"Yes, it'll be fun, like you said," she smiled at him,

"You know, I have to go back home for the summer, would you want to come with me?"

"To America?"

"Yeah, I could introduce you to that guy who helped me, you could meet my friends," she suggested though she didn't believe her friends truly wanted to see her again.

"I'd have to ask my parents,"

"Of course, if you can come I think it would be good for you,"

***

She had thought of every possible gift that she could get Remus, only having a short time to get him something, she figured that she would gift him something that he could use all the time and give him some comfort on lonely nights.

She didn't have much time left to hurry back to her common room, she didn't have long to wrap the gift. Freya was hurled downstairs, by Alice and Mary they all wanted to be downstairs when Remus walked down everyone sat patiently waiting for the birthday boy to come down the stairs.

"SURPR- AHH!" Everyone yelled unaware of just how loud the bang of red sparks, and party poppers would be.

"That was louder than expected," Sirius commented

"You think," Marlene said, rubbing her ear, as he set them right next to her.

"Thank you," Remus said, "we're not having a late night though, Right?"

"We swear," Peter crossed his fingers behind his back

"Good to be honest with you all I'm pretty tired-

"Nonsense," Lily told him, hooking his arm with hers, "You aren't going to bed early," he smiled at her.

Few people knew why he was tired, Freya knew all too well as she was also tired, the full moon was only two days ago. Once Remus was alone she approached him, he smiled as she handed him a small box, with a gold ribbon wrapped around it.

"I got you something, I thought you'd like," as he pulled on the ribbon, she spoke, "You might want to open it privately," without warning he took her hand, heading up to his room, he quickly checked the bathroom, making sure they were alone. "I felt terrible about how many nights you spent alone, I realised we aren't always going to be together," he creased his brows opening the box inside laid a thin scarf.

"Thanks,"

"I had my aunt Nora place a couple of charms on it, as well as my scent, you mentioned that you felt calmer because of me so I thought-" he wrapped her in a tight hug nuzzling his face into her neck, she chuckled, "I glad you like it," he pulled away glancing at the door.

"I need to tell you something," she nodded waiting for him to continue, "My friends, James, Peter and Sirius, they know what I am," she didn't say a word, "and they keep questioning things-

"Do they know about me?" she asked quickly

"No I wouldn't tell them, it's your secret to tell not mine,"

"If they did know, how would they take it?"

"They didn't think of me any differently, they actually see my heightened senses as a perk in life,"

"They wouldn't say that if they went through it,"

"Exactly, that's what I told them," he laughed with her, "If you don't want them to know, then we better find a way to explain why we're spending so much time together,"

"You know them better than I do, if you trust them with something like this then I will,"

"You don't have to-"

"I know," she quickly said, "But I would want to lie to them either,"

Even if she didn't want anyone to know, she knew she couldn't allow Remus to lie to his friends, they trusted him knowing what he becomes every full moon. Remus trusted them with it and they never judged him, maybe they wouldn't judge her either.