No Other Heart

"Hey there Isabela!" Dolores speaks enthusiastically while she barges through the door to your hallway, still meters away from the two of you and shouting quite loudly.

It was odd of her to do, just knowing it would ring in her ears even if it was her own voice. In fact, it was most likely to ring more than anyone else's shouts.

Isabela jumps slightly in surprise at her prima's sudden presence, worried if she was gonna snitch about where she was.

You raise a brow at Dolores, questioning her with your eyes about what happened to Mariano. She simply shrugs her shoulders and walks closer to the two of you. "Since when have you two been so close?" She asks with a playful tone.

...

Suddenly, Dolores couldn't hear anything else. Her prima's heart, for the first time in her life, was beating unexpectedly fast. So fast it couldn't be mistaken for anything other than... infatuation, maybe even love.

But since when? Since when did Isabela start liking you? Do you even like women? When did Isabela start liking women? Tons of questions ran through her mind immediately, but she could only focus on that one thumping sound.

For some reason, even her own heart was beating rapidly. A grin spread across her face, her worry lines disappearing in an instant.

That's when you knew she was planning something ridiculous. An idea hit her easily, not even paying attention to how obviously flustered Isabela was acting as she rambled.

"Why don't the three of us go on a little date?" Dolores says, her eyes joining her amusement. The mischievous side of her only really came out around Camilo, so this was a first. "Y'know, getting to know each other better."

"If you don't mind, I'd really like that," Isabela says with a small smile on her lips. Your gaze turns from either of them with doubt in your eyes.

You let out a sigh, leading Isabela back into the hallway with a hand on the small of her back, Dolores only smiling wider at the action. You close the door to your balcony in defeat as you walk ahead of them. "Fine, but if we get in trouble for Isabela's disappearance with her supposed date with Mariano, it's your fault Dol."

Perhaps her plan could end up successful after all. She just needed to know if you liked women, that was the main step she needed to get to Mariano.

She couldn't help the feeling of guilt doing this behind your back, or maybe it was something other than that. But it definitely unsettled her, not knowing what it truly was yet.

"We can think about the consequences later, for now, let's have fun!" Dolores playfully announces as she grabs your hand, pulling you along quickly and signaling for you to hold onto Isabela's to venture as quickly as you could without losing each other.

You could only merely glance at Isabela apologetically for her sudden enthusiasm, grabbing her hand gently as both of you get pulled along.

Isabela merely laughs in amusement, enjoying the fact that you were acting like a parent who couldn't control their own child. It was the kind of laugh Dolores had never heard from her before, unladylike but warm and genuine.

You brought out sides to both of them that no one else could bring out, and that's what had drawn them to you. There was no need to think about keeping up appearances or having to please anyone, it was always about how you made sure to show them they could be anyone they wanted to be. Which was merely to be themselves, their whole selves without any pretenses.

The three of you arrive at a seamstress's shop, an array of dresses and suits displayed by the glass doors, showing off a wider selection on the inside.