Constellation

VOL II, CHAPTER III

"Oh dear, oh dear, what have you done, dear heart?" She spoke in her usual soft tone. She patted her hand against the left side of her chest, as if she would actually get an answer. "Why don't you say something? Why would you do this to me again? Don't you know that this same mistake cost you so much back in the early days?" She hissed, rolling back and forth on the warm mattress. She punched the pillow as she kicked her feet in the air. Feeling frustrated and desperate, all she wanted was to scream her lungs out. Didn't you know? Didn't you know what he was? He was just a passing cloud. And you tried to make him your constellation? It would never not be possible, my dearest heart. " Warm and salty crystal beads poured down from her dark and tired orbs, wetting her cold cheeks. She clenched the bed sheets and an unbearable pain shot up her chest-it wasn't just a physical pain. It was the feeling of anguish and distress which could only be felt by the unlucky ones-the ones who were unlucky in love. And a baleful urge to slit her wrists with her favourite razor took over her. That metallic piece was kept in between the torn pages of her diary. It was slightly covered with rust, yet it was quite sharp, sharp enough to penetrate through layers of skin. But then, she didn't want to break the promise she made to herself. And thus, she took a pen and scratched her tender hands as she wrote his name all over her scarred skin. "If only... if only I could carve my name on his heart as well, just like I did with his name."