Pinky Promise

VOL II, CHAPTER IV

"Your eyes, your eyes tell me something," he mumbled as he furrowed his brows.
"And... what do they say?" The raven-maiden ponders, stealing a glance at her inamorato. "Why does it feel like your eyes are warning me to not get too close to you?" And she turns her back, unable to look into his vicious brown orbs. A sad chuckle escapes her mouth, followed by a long sigh. Oh darling, maybe, maybe my eyes are spilling all my nasty secrets. Those secrets which I've held in my heart for a very long time. " He shook his head, turning her around as he took her tender, fragile hands and held them with care. "No matter what your eyes or the world says, I will never ever leave you. That's my promise to you. Because you're so precious and beloved to me." He says, planting a feather kiss on the back of her hands. But... what if I'm not the person who you think I am? "What if... you're just a prey?" she muffles as she bites her lower lip and shifts her gaze. "Then I'll happily sacrifice my life for you, for I have surrendered myself to you, my love." "Pinky promise?" "Pinky promise." And at that moment, she realised that he was the one. Her chosen one. But it didn't take him long enough to shatter her dreams, breaking his promise. He ripped her heart out of her chest as she bled for him. Helpless and abandoned, she watched him walk out of her life. She couldn't save herself from the demon himself, and her world crumbled right before her eyes.