7. Blake - Now

She was gone and the house felt empty without her.  

We had rushed back, not expecting to find she had moved out and vanished taking everything with her.  Her scent still lingered as we searched the house for a clue as to what had caused her to do this, but nothing stood out.

In the office Simon had the computer on and was checking the browsing history, muttering curses as it showed news links to gossip sites, and a picture of the two blonde girls at the club appears on the screen, the picture telling a different story to what actually happened.

"Where would she have gone?  Her mothers?"

I shook my head, my gut telling me that would be the last place she would go. but our mother...  The phone was in my hand and ringing before I finished the thought.

"Hello Blake" as mum answers I put her on speaker.

"Mom... where is she?" hoping that she's going to ask me who but I know she knows already, the lack of surprise, in fact she sounded as if she was expecting the call.

"Why?" the question was not the answer I was expecting or wanting.

"What do you mean why, Bea has disappeared, she quit, without talking to us first" Simons voice gets louder as he replies for us both.

"Is that all she is to you... a PA.  What are you angry about, her quitting or her leaving?" 

"Mum!" 

"Why shouldn't she have her own life and put herself first?"

"What are you talking about... Mum?" Simon pushes

"That girl has been by your side since she was fifteen, she has followed you, through school, to Uni and now into racing.  I'm surprised its taken her so long to work out its not enough any more and to focus on finding herself again"  I can hear mum take a deep breath. "Did you know she's finished her book?" we stay silent, both of us shaking our heads.  "Boys!"

"No we didn't" I reply softly, beginning to realise how much we have screwed up.

"Did you know this is the third book she has written and done nothing with?"

"What no, she was writing but, but she would have told us, we would have helped her..." Simons voice trails off as the truth hits.

"Would she?  Tell me when has she ever put herself first.. over what you boys want or need" Mum asks calmly "Think about what she needs for once" and she hangs up on us.

"Fuck!" I shout, fighting the need to punch something.

"We screwed up, but why wouldn't she talk to us, tell us" Simon drops into the desk chair, running his hand through his hair.  "What do we do?" his gaze meets mine frustration showing.

"We find her and talk... Do you think she's at the manor.  Mum would hide her in a heartbeat"

"Lets go and find out, and if she's not there then we can use the dads equipment to track her down, she cannot have just vanished" he replies.

"Did you know about her writing.  Do you think mum was right?" he asked, and I looked at him, his hand still on his head and he looked torn... guilty.

"I knew she was working on a story, she has been since Uni.  But..." I sighed "I think the last time I asked her about it was over a year ago, just before the Dubai race, she had been engrossed in something on her laptop and I had interrupted her, I wanted to know some stats. I asked her if what she was doing was important and she said no it was just something she was working on"  I paused and felt like shit as mums words hit home. "She put it aside and got me the damned stats, I could have done it myself.  Fuck, how many times have we done that to her and why the hell did she not stop us"

I slump back in the chair, closing my eyes and picturing her but this time my mind wants to show me what I have been unconsciously ignoring. her frustrated sighs when she is shoved aside by fans, her watching us from the outside of a group as the team celebrates.  Her working to make sure everything in our lives runs smoothly, booking venues, hotels, managing our day to day lives.

My phone rang in my hand and for a second I hoped it was her as the first part of the number matched Bea's but then I realised it would have come up with her name.

"Hello Blake"

"Logan, what can I do for you?" I asked our agent Logan Blackbourne.

"I'm calling about the temp you requested, I just wanted to confirm I had someone suitable and to check everything was alright with you all"

I hit the speaker button looking at Simon.

"We didn't request any temp" I tell him and wait as in the silence on the other end of the phone we can hear him clicking on his keyboard.

"Beatrice emailed yesterday and requested a temp to cover the next six weeks till the season ends, she also left a set of instructions and schedules. Where is she?" he asks carefully.

"Gone, fucking gone and we don't know why or where she is" Simon snaps out.

"Finally" we hear him whisper to himself and look at each other shocked.

"What the fuck does that mean!" I growl.

"Jesus, are you boys blind, that girl has been disappearing into herself over the last few months, every time I have seen her she has looked sadder than the last, do you really not know?"

"What the hell are we supposed to have done!" Simon shouts and I feel a shiver down my spine, the pieces falling slowly into place.

"Seen her" Logan spits out and I take a deep breath, fear hitting me, how had everyone else seen what we had missed, and more importantly how did we fix it.

"Fuck" I whisper to myself, working it out... Bea was in love with us.

"I'll send down Dan tomorrow, he will be able to manage your schedules till the end of the season, you have commitments for the next six weeks." he sighs and his next words hurt. "I know you are hurting but chase her now and you'll lose her.  I suggest you let her have that time to breathe and decide what she wants, and the two of you, as your agent I'm telling you to focus on your racing but as a friend, get your heads out of your arses and think about what you want from her, she deserves better"

"Logan... thanks" I tell him as I see everything I'm now feeling written on Simons face.

"Any issues call me, and for the love of god, don't do anything stupid" he says before ringing off.

"I can't lose her" 

"We won't, we may have dropped the ball but we know now" again he dragged his fingers through his hair.

"I love her" we say in unison, both barking out a laugh at our perfect timing.

"I think I've loved her for years, I just was afraid to take a chance that would impact on our friendship and I think she's been doing the same" 

"I know, she makes everything better, she's our sunshine and luck and I know what you mean, I've always cared, but its taken her running to make me realise I can't do without her.  I need to know where she is, that she's safe but Logan's right the next six weeks are going to be non stop" Simon says.

"Then we had better get to planning, every future I see has her in it by our sides"

"Agreed, but what if..." I jump as a pen hits my head and he glares at me.

"Shut up, we are not too late, we will bring her home, this is just a wake up call and one we obviously needed.  Now lets go, we need to get mum on our side and find out where she has stashed her"