10. Blake

'I love you, thank you for giving me time x yours Bea
I stare at the message again as we sit in the office waiting for the new PA and Logan to arrive,  and I know Simon is probably doing exactly the same from his seat. 

Six weeks, my gut churned at the thought of not having her by my side, what if she met someone else, what if she changed her mind.

"Stop it" Simon grumbles from across the desk.
"Don't know if I can" I tell him softly, just before the door opens, Logan greeting us before introducing us to our new temporary PA David.

Once we had gone over all the duties and shown him through to guest suite, we left him to it and joined Logan in the kitchen, where he was brewing a pot of coffee.

"Have you spoken to her?" he asks us, pouring us each a cup

"No, mum has, she's helping her, but won't tell us where she is, not till the end of the season"

"Sensible, but will you manage that?" he asks concerned.

"We are emailing and she has responded so far" I sigh and take a drink before continuing "I get it, I know we've screwed up, and fuck knows how we missed it, but we will do what she wants, we will get the season done and then we can focus on her"

Simon grinned at me "We have a side bet, whoever wins the championship will be the one putting the ring on her finger officially", Logan looks my way and I nod, confirming my brothers words.

"You jumping straight to marriage?" he laughs.

"Too bloody right, we are tying her to us as soon as we can, Coming home and not knowing where she is, not being able to reach her, I still feel the gut wrenching fear from that.  As long as I know she's safe, that mum and the dads are keeping an eye on her, then we can do our job, finish the season and get back to her"

"But" Simon narrows his eyes at Logan "No women anywhere near us, I don't want any more misunderstandings"

"We will do our best, David can arrange extra security if needed, and guys for what its worth, i'm happy for you both and for Bea and I am sure it will all work out well in the end"

"We won't let anything else get in the way" I reply, just as David rejoins us and talk swings back to the next six weeks.

Its was odd having someone different in the house but David quickly got us on track, and each evening we emailed Bea with a brief run down of our day.

Most days she would respond but she read them all and that was enough for now.

It was after the next race that she emailed us first with her congratulations and after that there was an exchange everyday, sometimes just a funny meme, sometimes we would send a picture of something we had seen we wanted to share with her.

Mum kept silent and no-one knew where she was but mum did share she was safe and had been working on her books.  

It was the second week that she shared Mum had introduced her to a publisher, who was excited by her work, they we thinking of publishing her first two stories and the latest one when it was ready.  We had felt so proud of her, then so mad at ourselves that we were not by her side to help her celebrate to even send her flowers or a gift.

The third week brought more change, my car had spun out during practice, hitting the tyre wall and by the time I was back in the pits, I had a message waiting on my mobile checking I was alright. I had called the number straight away.

"Hello?" her voice sounded worried and I knew it was because of me.

"Bea, I'm okay, it was just a spin" I tell her softly and can hear the emotion in her voice as she replies.

"You scared me, I was watching on the TV, it looked bad, I promise me you're okay" she stutters out and I smile.

"I've missed talking to you, I would have crashed the first week if I'd have know you would contact us.  Simons going to be mad he missed this, maybe he'll crash too"

"Blake... don't say that, I can't, please just don't" she rushes out and I sigh.

"I promise to avoid crashing when I can but I want something back" I grin to myself.

"What?" she sounds wary.

"We will stay away till the end of the season, but I want to be able to talk to you, hear your voice, can we do that, all of us, you me and Simon" I asks her.

She sniffs and I wonder if she is crying and hate that I can't see and pull her into my arms. "Please Bea" I whisper.

"Okay" she finally says into the silence and my grin widens.

"Thank you baby" 

Chatter at the door means my peace  and quiet is about to come to an end but I had what I needed, now I just had to let Simon know.

"Can we call you tonight?" I ask quickly as David knocks on the door before coming in. His step hesitating as he see's me on the phone.

"Yes" she replies before hanging up.

"You okay?" he asks, looking at me concerned.

"I'm good, is Simon in yet?" I say getting up, ignoring the aches from the crash as I wave David back outside towards the garage areas.

"He's on his way in now" he tells me, still giving me a concerned look.

"Did you hit your head?" he muses and I laugh, his face showing his shock even more.

"Relax David, the doctor has cleared me and I'm okay.  I spoke to Bea" I tell him and he nods, looking relieved.

"She saw the crash?" he questions and I nod.

"It scared her, she sent a text so I called her back and she has agreed we can call her again"

"No more crashes then, for either of you" he states and I wonder for the first time if he knows her?

"Blake!" Simons voice shouts across the garage and I see him looking me over as he approaches. "You good?" he scans me again "Why are you smiling?"

"I spoke to Bea" I tells him, as David laughs, reaching out to take Simons, helmet and gloves from him, as I explains what had happened and how we now had contact.