4. Beatrice - Between

I groaned as I rolled over and silenced the alarm, I had been up late last night putting the finishing touches to my thesis, nerves and doubts plaguing me, would it be good enough, had I written enough, covered what I needed to, structured and evidenced everything?

knock knock

"Come in" I called, watching as Blake stuck his head around the door.

"Is it safe?" he teased and I groaned again as his hand appeared with a cup of coffee in it, the rich smell bringing me further awake.

"Give" I mutter, pulling myself up into a sitting position as he strolls in and hands me the cup.  I lift it to my nose and inhale the rich scent. "Mmm"

"What time did you finish?" he asks softly perching on the edge of the bed, his finger tracing the dark bags I have no doubt are under my eyes.  "Bea?' he prompts when I don't answer.

"Three...ish" I mutter out and he shakes his head.

"Did you submit it?"

I stay silent until he heads for my laptop, opening it up and logging in

"Hey" I growl , putting the cup down quickly and rushing to snatch it pout of his hands but he holds it up out of my reach.

"Blake!" I snap at him and he grins "Please give it to me... I, I promise to send it in"

"Now?" he queries and I glare as I nod, holding out my hands for the machine, knowing I won't get any peace until I have done what he wants.

He passes me the laptop and I sit down at the desk, clicking into my emails and attaching the files and sending them.  Instantly feeling the relief as I realise its done, nothing I can do now.

I feel his hands gather my hair together into a pony tail and a little pull as he wants my attention, I slip a band off my wrist and pass it to him and he secures my hair back before squatting down so we are at eye level.

"All done?" he queries and I nod.

"All done" I agree.

"And do you feel better?"

I glare at him, he had told me yesterday to send it and I would feel better afterwards and he was right, I just didn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing that.

"Bea" he growls and I groan.

"All right, yes, you were right, I feel better now its gone" I tell him and can't help but smile as he grins at me.

"Good, now get dressed we want you to come to the track" he laughs out straightening so I have to look up at him.

"Do I have to" I moan, just recently the boys have been making a name for themselves and their following is growing, especially amongst women.  Stood at the track I'd heard enough lewd comments about what these women and some men would like to do with them to make me want to bleach my mind.

"Please" he pouts at me and I laugh out a groan.

"Are your groupies not enough" I mutter and he narrows his eyes.

"Are people making you uncomfortable?" he asks and I can hear the concern in his voice.  I know I could say something and they would make arrangements for me but the last time they had done that the comments I had heard had been brutal, at least away from the pit I had some anonymity.

"Its okay" I try to mask my real thoughts, smiling at him but I know he's seeing through the facade.

"Please come" he pauses "Denver Johnson is coming to watch us today, he has an offer for us, he's setting up a brand new team and is interested in us, both of us.  We need you, you're our lucky charm"