6. Simon - Now

After race parties got boring very quickly, people drank too much, people fawned over us and wanted to touch us, regardless of what we wanted.

I'd lost count of the women who had crawled into my lap and touched my dick or whispered dirty suggestions into my ear.  It was the part of racing I hated but knew the socializing was part of the job.  I glanced across at Blake noting he also looked like he had had enough, he was in a bad mood anyway as we were without Bea while she attended her mothers wedding.

Bea normally kept the hoards away just by being at our sides but recently the women had got worse and there had been a couple of times she had been shoved aside to get at us.  And the men had started cornering her which I knew made her feel uncomfortable and us murderous because she was upset.

I tensed as two blonde girls came forward, twins... I wanted as they shared a grin before separating and then one dropped onto my lap as her sister did the same to Blake. their arms coming around our necks as they leaned in close, pushing us off balance and my arms came up around her to balance us as my mouth opens to ask her what the hell she was doing cameras flashed around us.  Shit.

As soon as possible I had her off me, I could see Blake doing the same with her sister and as I towered over her I let my rage show in my face, turning my back to onlookers I glared at her. "I should call the cops, this is sexual harassment" I tell her and she looks surprised before laughing at me.

"You think this is funny?" Blake hissed at them.  "If I came up and put hands on you without your permission, what would you do, take it, smile and let it happen!"

Their smiles faltered "Come on, its not like that, we just want to show you a good time, we can be your good luck girls", her hand strokes down her side and I know she still doesn't get it and her last words have me thinking how much Bea hates this behaviour and we already have our good luck charm and she's a small feisty brunette not a leggy blonde.

"No" I tell her stepping back and waving security over. "I want these two gone" I tell them and watch with a little satisfaction as they are escorted away, complaining loudly.

"Had enough?" Blake asks and I nod, wanting to be out of here before another girl tried the same move.  I wave at our pit manager and he lifts a hand in a wave, I can see the sympathy on his face and I know he will keep an eye on the rest of the team who are here unwinding.

The security guys show us to a side exit having informed us the press was camped out at the front of the club, and after a quick call our driver was waiting for us and we were on our way back to the hotel.

My mind again went back to our missing musketeer and I wonder how she was doing, she had been dreading the wedding, her mother luckily not wanting anything more than her presence, but Bea had been worrying, she knew her mother didn't like us, considered us to be a bad influence and Bea had reckoned she would be sat with someone her mother deemed suitable.

"Do you think she's okay?"

"She will be hating every minute of the weekend but she will get through it, she's tougher than her mother knows"

"I hope so" I reply and close my eyes leaning back in the seat.

"Look" Blake passes me his phone and I can see wedding photos, I scroll through, catching glimpses of her within the groupings, she looks stunning and even though she is smiling it doesn't reach her eyes and the guy that has his hand on her arm...

"Who is he?" I ask, zooming in and turning the phone around.

"Some fucker her mum thinks is suitable, Christ! can you see how uncomfortable she is" he mutters taking back his phone.  "We should call her, check in"

"Its three in the morning there, she'll be asleep"

"Tomorrow then" he agreed.

We lost our chance to call in the morning, Denver and his wife Rebecca joining us for a breakfast meeting, then we had to be at the track, the it seemed the day was spent in a rush between meetings, promotions and commitments. with only a few races till the end of the season and both Blake and I at the top of the drivers leader board, not to mention top of the teams board too, everything was go go go for the next 6 weeks at least.

As we sat in our suite with a drink in hand, I groaned as once again it was late, too late but I didn't care, I dialled her number but it wouldn't ring through.  Blake tried with his phone but the same thing happened. 

"Call the house, she must be back by now" he tells me, "Its probably just a problem with the signal, or she's lost her phone again" but I can hear the first bite of worry in his voice.

I dial our home and it rings, and rings, and rings.

"She's probably asleep" I start to tell him but his hiss stops me.

"What?"

"She sent us an email, she's resigned... what the fuck!" he roars.

I snatch the phone from his hand and reach the email... effective immediately she has resigned as our personal assistant.

No reason given, nothing personal.  Why?

"Pack up, we need to get home, talk to her" I didn't understand why she had sent this and now, if she was unhappy she would have waited till the end of the season, unless something bad had happened, but what, my mind was running through a million and one reasons, not that any of them made sense, but I knew if we talked to her we could get to the bottom of it, and hell she lived with us, she couldn't just walk away.  

Maybe something had happened with her mother this weekend, she didn't like us but what could she have said or done to cause this?

An hour later we were on our way to the airport and on our way home.  Repeatedly ringing her mobile and the home phone but to no avail.  Both of us silent but I knew we were thinking the same thing, why, why would she do this.