Demon's Pride (Part 2)

(Thoughts)

"Talking"

[Class or skill] = [Time or Place] = [Magic items]

「Spell」

+++++++++++++

Therese Esmeralda

This name is feared across the Demon Ancient Empire as she is the First Empress, often called the Wicked Devil. She doesn't have a nickname like that for anything as all who irritate her disappear. The Royal Council did not try to meddle in these "affairs" as they don't want to disappear and incur the wrath of the House of Esmeralda. 

She is on the terrace outside of the Demon Emperor's bedroom looking down on the main gates of the grounds of Imperial Palace where a convoy enter. She just look at the affairs that is ongoing with her rival.

Someone goes beside her and leans on the gold handrail. She glance from time to time at him as they observe the interaction of their "Allies" and the visitor. 

"Don't do reckless on him, As I can't save you and I am willing to exchange everything to spare our family heritage" He break the silence and turn around as he moved toward a nearby metal chair and sit down

Esmeralda - That is a popular noble name and is the oldest noble house in the Empire. The Most powerful demon here in the Empire is not the Demon Emperor but her father — Gregory Esmeralda —. Even though their Family's noble house can bring the whole empire to its grasp, the Emeraldas didn't do it and he just give his daughter to the royal family in exchange for the title Duke. He always talks like this, no fake words or praises, just straight talk where he did not consider its consequences.

"Now your daughter disrespects the Emperor and we need to amend for your daughter. I told you to teach your daughter or I will."

"Y-yes father I will punish my daughter"

(That skeleton disrespects my-) She thought but her father immediately stop her

"Don't think Therese, I watched you grow thus I know what you are thinking and planning to do. I will kill you if you tarnish our name"

"B-"

"He plans all of this, He knows a lot about us. He will take advantage of your revenge as her mother and you will fail thus he will give us an offer that even I cannot refuse. Don't move, talk, think, or speak. Just do what I say and our family will last for a thousand years more"

"Why do you speak always about family's name!-"

"Because our family name - the Esmeralda can pass to generations and you will die with it! I will die with it and if you tarnish our name I will make sure your head will be the payment to cleanse our name!"

Therese widen her eyes and was about to say something, but she never continues and just seat near his father's seat

His father Gregory grab the two cups of blue wine on the near table and give her the other cup where she receive it "I did not try to conquer this realm as I don't have that trait of an Emperor where I can battle through other dangers outside that did not damage out the name Esmeralda, Yes I am stronger but I am the only one in the family that can protect us. So I Ascend ourselves beside the Emperor but not close enough that the nobility will attack us."

"What will you do father? You will plead for our name?" She sarcastically said as she drink the wine. She choked as she grab her neck. Her body falls down and glare at her father. In the passing seconds, all of the hate in the world are combined and she wishes that she can be reborn again to kill her father.