Frayed Bonds

Thoughts)

"Talking"

[Class or skill] = [Time or Place] = [Magic items]

「Spell」

(Warning: the scenes can be inappropriate and a bit brutal.)

(Comment if there are incorrect words or phrases, thanks)

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗

When the battle is over, the meeting ended as all Overseers are called by the Supreme One. Demiurge wants to see his master but didn't continue as he doesn't want to interrupt the rest that he will be getting with the Overseers.

The plan that he and Nyar come up has a go signal to the Supreme One, and their master will be called upon when his role in the show will be needed.

He teleported back to Kami Miyako and went to his room. The White Rose Commander opens the door and saw Nyar, Bolbotha,  and the Pontifex lying to his bed

"The Pontifex and the cardinals will become empty vessels for the New Outer Beings. I've ended their work and their lives," Nyar declared, his smile a twisted crescent as he revelled in the Pontifex's despair.

"That's good. It means fewer enemies for the Supreme One." Demiurge concurred.

"Indeed." Nyar's fingers elongated grotesquely, reaching for the Pontifex's face.

"MMMPPPMMMGLLLCKCKKKK!!!!!" With a sickening thrust, Nyar's fingers burrowed into the brain, silencing the Pontifex's muffled cries. His task was complete, and Nyar withdrew his hand, leaving Pontifex's gaze fixed eternally on the void above.

"It is time, I must depart, Nyar-dono," Demiurge intoned, bowing slightly.

"Send my regards to Zesshi, Demiurge-dono" Nyar responded, his nod solemn.

"I will." With a flourish, Demiurge vanished, his departure heralded by a flurry of bats escaping into the night.

Bolbothan, having secured the window, inquired, "Your orders for the White Rose Scripture, Nyar?"

"Fortify the capital. The other cities will not seek aid, I am sure of it."

"And your grand design?" Bolbothan asked, his interest feigned as he toyed with a shiny orb.

"Will you heed it?"

"No."

"Curious question for one uninterested, brother."

"Perhaps I am interested, to a degree."

"The plan is simple—" Nyar carresing the not responsive Pontifex as he explained but stop as he knows his words will just be a waste.

Bolbothan's attention flickered, then returned to his shiny plaything.

Nyar, undeterred, continued, "The Supreme One's wisdom is absolute."

"You praise him too much," Bolbothan said, putting away his toy.

"Why not? He is a direct creation of our ancestors, his might self-attained," Nyar retorted, striding from the room with Bolbothan in tow. They passed through the cathedral, now bustling with new servants from Drayeokta-assassins adept in espionage as much as in domesticity.