Chapter 2 ~ Crystal Cliffs

Oakley POV:

We were walking for what felt like forever. How far away was it? Just as the sun almost set, I saw a white and purple dragon. It then started flying down towards us! I ran into the forest that surrounded the path.

"Woah girl! There, there. It's alright!" A girl with red hair, a purple witch hat and a purple and green outfit appeared. The dragon lay down and the girl appeared. "Hello Geminitay. I was commanded by Mr. Graceffa to escort these girls here. They need answers on something," The guard told the wizard. "Okay! Follow me!" She walked over to a huge castle-looking building. "I'm Geminitay by the way, but I much prefer just Gem. I'm this worlds wizard. I have a wizard school with almost every book you can think of in the library. Maybe it will have the answers to what you are looking for!" The wizard chimed in. "Lovely to meet you! I'm Shrub and this is my little sister Oakley. We need to know why our lands have been corrupted," My sister responded.

 We told her why we were here and she completely understood! We carried on walking until we got to the huge library. She didn't exaggerate when she said every book that every book existed should be in here. "Books on other worlds are on this side, curses on this side and corruption just up there.  If you need anything just let me know, I will be walking around the Empire!" She smiled. "Thank you so much!" I said. She then left and we got to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nothing! After almost three hours of research, nothing! I was angry, hungry and tired. We left the library to go and find Gem.

We found her showing some kids her magic by a fountain. She came over to us when she was finished. "Did you find anything?" She asked hopefully. "No. Sadly not..." My sister said sadly. "Oh... Well you are welcome to stay the night, seeing as it is quite late." The wizard responded. "Thank you Gem!" We followed her to her house. It was a small house in the mountain. She got some spare sleeping bags out of a chest. One for me and one for Shrub. We got comfortable in them and fell asleep. Tomorrow would be another day of exploring this new world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up bright and early next morning. I looked out of the open window and saw a black shadow. I blinked and it disappeared. I shook it off thinking nothing off it and realised that the sun was only just rising. I looked around the room and saw Gem waking up. " Morning Oakley!" She said cheerfully. "Morning!" My sister then later woke up. Gem gave us some food then she asked us more about where we came from. "Well, our home was beautiful! Everyone was friends, there was a lot of nature and most of all, everyone was fond of the water. Only a certain few of us could swim though, me being one of them." I said to her. "If you love the water, then you should visit the Ocean Queen. She is part fish and a beautiful swimmer! She also might have some answers! I'll take you there on one of the dragons!" Gem announced happily. "Okay! Thank you!" Shrub said. We then left the house and arrived at a tower.

"Hello Jade!" Gem said to a girl, around 18. "Hello Gem! Who are these?" the girl replied. "Oh! These are some guests. Oakley and Shrub. They got here yesterday and I am taking the to the Ocean Empire. Oh! This is Jade, the dragon keeper!" Gem introduced us. We introduced ourselves and then went into the tower. It was barn-like on the inside and was purple and white. "Which dragon will it be today Miss Geminitay?" Jade asked. "We will take..." She looked around. "We'll take Rose!" One of the dragons looked up after hearing its name being called. Kid of like a dog would after being called by its owner. The dragon was light pink with bright white eyes. She was beautiful!

The dragon was taken out of the pen and Gem got onto it. She then helped me and Shrub onto the dragon. The dragon started rise after Gem told it to. I gripped on so I wouldn't fall off and we headed to the ocean.

(A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you did make sure to vote and comment to let me know that you liked this!)