Chapter 17 ~ Home?

Oakley POV:

I was in my room whilst Shrub was helping some civilians. Nothing exciting, just the usual. I decided to go and help her since I got bored. I went and looked around but couldn't find her? I went over to somebody to about her.

"Excuse me? Do you know where Shrub is?" I asked.

"Oh! Hello princess Oakley. I'm sorry I haven't seen princess Shrub today sorry," the women responded.

"It's ok don't worry thank you anyway," I said and walked off. I carried on looking around when I then heard someone yelling my name. I looked around and saw Shrub.

"Oakley! Oakley! I have to show you something!" She yelled running at me.

"Okay?" I replied she grabbed my arm and dragged me towards the nether portal, "Why are we here?"

"Go inside!" Shrub told me. I walked into the purple portal and saw the usual nether. She followed behind me smiling but it immediately faded when she saw the nether.

"Why did you take me here Shrub?" I asked.

"I thought it was- It was... It was home?" She spoke.

"Shrub I know you miss home, and so do I, but we will get home eventually. I know it," I replied putting my hands on her shoulders. We walked out of the nether together and went back home for some food. We sat down in silence just eating until I broke the silence.

"Hey Shrub?" I said. She looked up at me.

"Did you really see our home?" I asked

"Yeah, I did, I really did! It was full of mushrooms and people and there was no corruption. I don't know If I just miss it, or if I really saw it but I know that it was just like before all of the fire," she told me.

"I really wanna go back..." I said.

"Me to. We just need to find a way back home and I can feel that we will soon. I promise you we will," she said. I smiled at her, and we sat in silence until the end of the day.

(A/N: Sorry this is short but still its an upload. I have an idea for my next fanfic so I wanna get this done so I can move onto something that isn't Empires related and since I'm close to the end of this one I'll get this one over with and then do that one. Anyway, If u liked this chapter, make sure to vote comment and follow!)