Chapter 19 ~ The last gnomes

Oakley POV:

It was another day of doing nothing. Just sitting. Shrub then walked down the stairs.

"Oak! I'm going to Katherien's! I might be gone a while!" she yelled grabbing a bag. I nodded and she then left. 

Shrub POV:

I was going to Katherine's I needed help. After I stole the Xornoth crystal from Scott I have been feeling... strange. I keep hearing his voice.

"Hey Shrub!" Katherine said once I arrived.

"Hey Katherine... Thanks for meeting with me" I repleid.

"No problem what's up?" she asked. 

"Well, I went to Scott's to see if anything needed taking care of whilst he exiled himself and then I heard voices and found that and the best thing I could think to do was steal it and bring it home. Now, I keep hearing these voices more and more and it sounds like Xornoth and I just want you to check if anything is wrong with it," I told her. I gave Katherine the crystal and she examined it for a minute.

"Nothing seems wrong with it. It's perfectly fine. Maybe you're just paranoid, I mean Xornoth but you through a lot of stress when he was here," Katherine suggested. 

"Yeah your right... thanks anyway," I said and was going to go back home but then thought about putting it back where I got it. So, I went to Scott's.

"Scott! Are you home?" I yelled opening the door. I had little hope he would be here since he hasn't been here for almost a month but then he replied.

"Yeah! I'm here!" he said. 

"I really messed up and I have some explaining to do," I said.

"Yeah, you do. You are the reason I'm home," Scott revealed. I went pale and explained why I did it.

"I think he's coming back Scott. Can you just take a look at it?" I asked.

"Nothing seems wrong with it. It's just a piece of jewellery at this point" Scott replied after examining it.

"Scott there's gotta be something wrong with it, otherwise that means mine and Oakley's people are gone. I saw my home, and nobody was there. But if Xornoth comes back, that means there is a tiny chance they can come back," I said.

"I'm sorry Shrub but there is nothing wrong with it. Your people are gone," Scott announced.

"O-oh. I gotta go. I'm glad the crystals in your hands. And, welcome home," I stuttered and ran home.

Oakley POV:

Shrub returned after about an hour. She looked like she had been crying.

"Shrub! Are you ok?" I asked, running up to her and hugging her.

"They're gone! They're gone for good!" She yelled.

"Whose gone Shrub?" I asked.

"All of the gnomes all of them they are gone! And they won't come back again!" She yelled.

"How do you know?" I questioned her.

"I stole the Xornoth crystal and weird things started happening. So I took it to Scott and Katherine and they both said it was fine which means that all of the gnomes are gone and won't come back! When I saw home a few weeks ago, there was nobody there and now nobody will ever be there!" Shrub cried. I just hugged her. They were really gone. All of the gnomes, our parents, our friends. Everybody we grew up with was gone.

(A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm thinking maybe like two or three more until the end of this book and then I can move onto something that isn't Empires. If you liked this, make sure to vote comment and follow for more updates!)