arcane - ekko x parental reader

To Ekko Benzo and you were all he had and he wanted it to stay that way till the end of time but death waits for no ones permission.

You saw Ekko walking in the alley. Looked like he was going to benzo's. You hide in the shadows as he walks pasts you.

"And where were you all day, little man." You said cheerfully wrapping an arm around around his neck.

"h-hey. Hey y/n hows it going." He pointed finger guns at you awkwardly. Standing straight up you walk a few steps in front of him.

"I hope you weren't following someone again." You looked back at him to see him look away the moment your eyes met.

"You did didn't you." You completely turned to him grasping his shoulders.

"I already told Vi and the others!" He yelled slipping through your grasp and running while laughing.

You ran after him. They were always getting into trouble most of the time vander would stop them but seeing as you just came back from the last drop you could see he had his hands full.

You got tired of running after him and decided to walk back to Benzo's shop.

On your way you heard about a building being blown up by what could be vanders kids. You shake your head in disappointment knowing the outcome of it.

Once you round the corner to benzo's you see claggor and ekko talking outside.

"Always getting into trouble eh, claggor." He looked away and chuckled as ekko did the same. You walked past them into the shop.

"Eh, they're growing up Vander. Looking to write their own stories. You can't protect them forever." They spared you a glance and a nod as you sat net to vander.

"Someone was following them."

"Whole lot of someones, from what I heard."

"Not enforcers. Someone on our side."

"Who?" You and benzo said.

"There's worse things than enforcers out there. We all know that." Vander said making you think about Silco. He never like the idea of Piltover and the Undercity to be counted as one. He wanted a independent nation, Zaun.

After a few moments two enforcers came in with masks to protect themselves from the pollution. One she recognized while the other was new and was more hostile than the other.

"Evening, friend" Benzo greeted as they took their masks off.

The more caution one leaned in between you and Vander while looking around. You paid him no mind at first.

"Something I can help you with." Benzo said with a pointed brow

"Some trencher trash attacked one of the buildings in the Academy district. But you already knew that." He harshly stated while looking at Vander.

'Oh wow, first thing and he's already insulting us.' You thought and chuckled but he noticed and before he could say anything about it you hopped up and began to walk away.

"Yep I'm out." You got up and waved yourself off not caring to hear the rest of their conversation if that enforcer was gonna be there.

Claggor and ekko were no longer standing outside. You didn't bother looking for them as you started your walk home.

Getting home you just jumped in bed falling asleep in a near instant

*time skip*

Your peaceful sleep didn't last long as you were shaken awake by tiny hands.

"Y/n you have to wake up. Benzo's in trouble." You open your eyes to see ekko panicking trying to pull you out if bed

Without saying anything you got up with ekko leading you to a small building. You pushed ekko behind you as you saw Silco in the distance.

Benzo was on the ground along with officer Grayson.

You were scared and rushed in thinking if you didn't Vander will die next.

"Y/N GET BACK." You heard Vander yell but before you could turn a large rough hand was wrapped around your throat pushing you against a nearby building.

Your neck was snapped as the thing dropped you.

Before your vision faded you managed to look up at ekko. Seeing him cry broke your heart but you could move you couldn't even mouth anything to him.

You heard Vander screaming out to you but you didn't look away from the crying boy. You couldn't.

Forcing yourself to give him a small smile as you died.

And then there was one.