chapter 1: my life.. pov Alexia

Alexia Di Stefano
14 years old turning 15 in a month.
Kind and loveable, spreads happiness everywhere she goes no matter how wounded she is. Knows how to fight physically and verbally.
From Texas.

Alexia's pov-

Alexia's pov-

Hi I'm Alexia I am 14. I live with my foster carers Ruby and her boyfriend Jack,they can be nice at times but when they are in a bad mood don't get on there bad side. It will end in pain either physically, mentally and sometimes even sexually. I have no where else to go... my mom passed away last year. Ruby was my mom's bestie they did everything together, my mom and Ruby had a promise to make sure I was looked after. Ruby was nice until she got in this toxic relationship with Jack a couple months after mom died they met, now they both get drunk,get high and party leaving me on my own but i'm not complaining.

I've been outside here for hours, Ruby said I don't deserve to come inside. I showed attitude so I'm gonna be out here freezing my ass off all night. In my defense she provoked me by bringing up my mom... maybe I am unwanted. Sometimes I wished I knew who my dad was, I wish I was far away from all this.

 Sometimes I wished I knew who my dad was, I wish I was far away from all this

Mother
Kind beautiful woman
Emilia-Romagna sierra

I was taken away from my dad when I was 3 years old, my mom never explained why she had snatched me from my home but I never questioned it. Now that I think about it why didn't I ask? My mom worked 3 jobs just to afford bills and food, it barely covered though she worked a lot causing stress and most of it was me always wanting attention. It was 24th December almost Christmas me and mom was decorating our shabby tree whilst singing our souls out to Christmas songs it was almost 12am 15 minutes were left to go. Then we heard a loud crash my mom immediately hid me and instructed me "don't come out until i say i love you so much bye baby" they were the last words she said to me. After 5 mins of waiting I heard a scream and a loud BANG. I knew it was a gun. Voy a recuperar a esos bastardos ('I will get those bastards back') yes I know spanish my mother insisted i learnt it i don't know why but i love to curse in Spanish.
I waited another 5 minutes and i stepped out of the cupboard to see my mom's bloody body lay still on the floor. From that day onwards I decided i hate Christmas and Christmas is in 15 days ugh god help me. I have had a unsettling feeling that the local gang, Ruby and Jack were all involved in my mothers death. I'm still not sure how I ended up living with Ruby because she's not even family, surely I would have went to my dad? I'm grateful for them, they aren't the best but they put a roof over my head and feed me (well not all the time but better then nothing I guess)

Suddenly, I hear the door open oh god it's drunk Jack.

"What have I told you about being a bitch to my girl" Jack spat out

I remained quiet knowing a beating was coming my way any minute now.

"Speak, bitch I says fucking speak. Are you death?" He barked.

At this point I lost it."It's not my fault your stupid bitch of a girlfriend started it. She is the one who causes trouble, don't you dare fucking speak to me like that. Tell her." I angrily bursted.

Anger flashed through his eyes, I've never seen him this angry... oh no Alexia what have you done now?!?!

He instantly smashed me up against the wall giving me no time to react. I use everything I learnt from self defence the past 5 years. I managed to punch him a few times but before I knew it...
He chucked me on the floor and continuously kicks me until I was coughing up blood. He leaves to go back inside not turning to spare me a look.

I decided i want to run away. I wince at the pain knowing bruises are forming, this is probably the worst beating I've received. I ran upstairs with tears streaming down my cheeks. I pack everything I need and take some of Jacks money from his coat pocket he had hung on the railing I also took his phone.
I step out in the cold dark night realising i was alone. I took a deep breath and I throw my back pack on and run as fast as I could. My legs were about to give up but I can't stop running just a little longer.