Part 15: hospital bed

Grandma's pov:

She finally woke with a small tight gasp. My sigh of relief clearly echoed around the room.

We was all crowded around the bed where princess lay. But I asked for a few moments to pray and check on her.

I screamed Antonio and Lorenzo, immediately they flung open the door alarmed.

I told them she's awake. Lorenzo's smile crept slowly on his face as he saw her eyes gradually opening.

She sat up carefully and a small voice came out "D-Dad what happened?" She stuttered.

Lorenzo went straight over to Lexi and hugged her pouring all the love from his heart. For the first time in a while he seemed genuinely happy.

Soon everyone else came running in the door flung open as if it was about to come off the hinges.

"SISSY" Kai screamed.
Everyone clearly happy and overjoyed.

Antonio's pov:

Everyone looked jovial, but right now I want to get Alexia out of here.
I look for Lucienne because he's the family doctor.
"Lucienne, princess is awake when can we take her out of here"
"You can take her as soon as we are done with a few tests which will be up to a hour" he smiles.

An hour passes by and I receive a call from Lucienne.

Phone call:
Antonio you can see princess but there's a few thing we need to talk to you and Dad about.
I end call

As soon as I put my phone down I find myself panicked and worried about what Lucienne is going to tell us.
I rush to the infirmary to see dad waiting impatiently for me I'm guessing.

My eyes met with Lucienne who looked pale and almost scared to speak.
"There's good and bad news" he finally speaks up.
"What's the bad news?" Dad inquired.
"While doing tests we found that she has broken ribs, she's tested positive for rape and many bruises" he says.

My dad looked exasperated and I felt rage building up.

Who is this girl? And what has she been through?

"The good news is that Lexi is going to be just fine her ribs are almost healed and the doctor is going to prescribe her some meds for it to heal faster" Lucienne says in a reassuring manner.

I failed at my one job... I was never there when she needed me most.
She wouldn't have been through any of this if I was there.

"I she awake?" I whisper out to the bare room that became cold all the sudden.
"Not yet, I recommend you come back in the morning when she has more energy"

I nod emotionless and walk out without uttering another word.