chapter 5: family getting to know each other

After a nice soothing shower, I throw on a hoodie and joggers. It was 10am I wanted to do something today instead of watching movies all day.

I went downstairs and see everyone sat in the living room. Dad was sitting with the twins watching a film. Batman? I'm guessing.

Elijah and Antonio sat together on the laptops, seemed like they were working. Lucienne and Josiah were on there phones.

Then Valentino sees me at the bottom step watching them, he calls me to sit down.

Everyone looks at him surprised.

"Yea guys we said sorry to each other" he laughs at there faces.

I smile taking in everything. This must a complete family then, I finally made it.

"Alexia the twins and Joziah are taking you shopping today for school supplies clothes and what ever you want and i also need to go over a few rules with you" antonio says seriously.

Damn this man never smiles.

"Okay" I say nervously.

"Rule 1- no smoking or drinking, Rule 2- respect all your brothers, Rule 3- don't go on 4th floor it's off limits and lastly no boys or any relationships with boys. Friends with boys is okay but you need approval first" he says sternly.

"WHAT" I burst, "I NEED APPROVAL TO MAKE FRIENDS. BULLSHIT!"

"language" Antonio says slightly frustrated.

Everyone just stares at me hoping I just agree.

"Okay fine" I roll my eyes.

"Respect" antonio pointed out.

I hate this side of him.

We all watch a film, well the boys do. I watch old videos of me and mom. Oh my god it's almost a year in two weeks. Its gone so fast. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks but these tears weren't normal tears, they burnt.
Lucienne looks at me and sees tears, he seemed worried. He pauses the film and asks me if I'm okay. Now everyone's attention on me. I ignore them and walk off upstairs.

I shut the door and go to the bathroom I slowly slide down the door. My breathing became unsteady and my tears rolled down quicker. I was shaking and I couldn't do anything. I felt as if I was dying.
I needed someone...anyone.

Just then my door clicks open and I try steady my breaths but nothing works I shuffle to the otherside of the bathroom so they couldn't hear me.

"Pumpkin" Dad says.

"Come out please" Valentino said in a sad voice.

My panic attack slowed down listening to the soothing voices of my brothers.

Then the door slightly opened and slowly my brothers come through. Joziah and dad sit either side of me, Lucienne sat in front of me, everyone else stood up with concern on there faces.

"Whats wrong kiddo?" Dad asked in a soft tone.

"M-mom" I could barely get my words out.

Then my breaths became unsteady again. Dad gave me a tight hug making me feel safe and protected.

"Honey she's always with you and I know it's hard especially after what you have been through. But me and your brothers will get you through it, I promise." Dad explained.

"She won't like seeing you like this, none of us do" Lucienne said whilst rubbing my back.

Then a few minutes went by and dad started to talk about my bruises. How did he know?