Chapter 13: The black envelope

Author's note:
Hey, sorry it's been really long!!
This is my first ever book and I am super fresh at this. If you have any suggestions on what should happen next let me know or anything you want me to improve on? I'm always open to new ideas. Enjoy!
Elisha :)
————————————————————————

Dad's pov:

When we all got home it was around 7pm and we had spent almost 3 hours just talking to each other.
I'm so happy that my pumpkin is settling with my family easily. I'm still really shocked that my dad hugged and even kissed her.
I've never seen him in my life kiss any child. Not even us.
I am so proud of my little Lexi.

I went to go see Lexi since it was almost
10 o'clock and remind her that her bedtime is soon. I had to make sure she was okay. I know our family can be overwhelming sometimes.
I went into the games rooms and the boys told me that she was upstairs playing with Kai and little Alfie.
I went into Alexia's room thinking they were there and that's when I saw a note in a black envelope. Me being me, had to open it because black envelopes were never a good sign.

"Dear Alexia,
Don't think your safe because you found your father. We will find you and I promise to make your life a living hell. You should have just been leader with me and that option is still open... your time is ticking bellisma.
Yours sincerely,
Maskim volkova"

Reading this angered me and Alexia not telling me about this made me fume even more.
I call Antonio instantly to Alexia's room to examine this threat.
When Antonio read it he was fuming ready to set fire to whatever stood in his way.

How does Volkova even know her? And doesn't he know I'm her father? There's so many questions I want to ask.

My kids are very short tempered they kind of get that from me, I don't know what Alexia's like.

We both went to the office and called papa, Thomas, Zee,Marco and Tobias came after a few minutes.

After showing them the letter we was practically in a room of smoke. Everyone was mad and annoyed.

"Maskim" Zee gritted his teeth,
"Should we ask about it" Marco questions.
"Yes we should" Papa agreed.

"I think only I should go" I slowly get up from my chair.

They all nod in agreement and take a step back allowing me to walk out the office.

when I made my way over to Alexia I was stuck in a long thought train of what to say and right before my eyes I saw myself stood outside the room.

I carefully knocked and I hear my precious princess's voice yell "come in"

I enter the room and my palm begun to sweat and my throat became dry. But on the outside I looked normal, intimidating and scary, as per usual.

I walk over to Lexi and pat the bed as a signal for her to sit next to me.

After a few seconds I gain the right words to talk to my daughter.

"If you was ever in any kind of trouble you would tell me, right?" I ask in a comfortable soft tone. I want her to feel like she can talk to me about anything at all.

"Yes I know. Is something wrong?" She asked looking puzzled.
"Well I found a letter in your room..."
She interrupted " what? Why are you going through my things anyways? I'm a teen I think I should have some privacy! I've had enough of this."

Oh Lord. What just happened...

She just exploded at me and walked away and the worst thing is I let her! Usually I'd punish my kids and tell them off. But I actually felt I was in the wrong.
I won't stop until I get to the bottom of this though.

Antonio's pov:

I see Alexia slam her door shut.

Then I see Dad who seems sad but also mad which isn't a good mix.
"So it didn't go to well then?" I question.
Dad shakes his head "she just blew up at me for privacy and stuff"

I needed to know if my sister was safe so I'm gonna make it my mission to find out what that letter actually meant.