The day the earth cracked

The world burned. 

Roaring flames hounded the world for seven days. An entire country was set ablaze. To counter this threat, the Crozzo black templars were sent. Out of the few hundreds sent, no communications were received after the evacuating civilians were received. 

For seven days, the country burned. 

For seven days, the heat melted stone and steel.

For seven days, people were burnt to ashes.

For seven days, the templars fought.

Out of the hundred templars sent, five of them were burnt to ashes after five minutes. 

The black templars, the finest warriors that rivaled A-rank Valkyries, skilled in their art of war, fell one by one.

A young man looked up at the sky. The 7th Herrscher had trapped the country in flames that reached heights that never allowed the aerial reinforcements they needed to arrive. 

In sadistic glee, Herrscher had separated the hundred into units in a sickening game of cat and mouse. 

Regular men and women armed with standard weaponry stood tall and never wavered. 

Until all that was left was their leader. 

Dressed in tattered clothes resembling rags, armor filled with cracks and dents, his broken sword held tightly with one hand. 

"Herrscher." removing his helmet, the young man revealed short dark hair and defiant dark orbs. His form was devoid of any fear. Leaning down, the male picked up a rook piece and stared defiantly at the being that manipulated flames. 

"Human. You lasted this long while being hunted by my flames. I am quite impressed." The Herrrscher of flames haughtily said as she looked down at him. 

"Thank you." The young man whispered as he threw his broken blade away and pulled off the fractured armor he wore, leaving him in a white undershirt. 

"I will offer you a choice. Join me. You are different than the rest of your kind." The Herrscher of flames reached her hand out, and her smile widened as the male approached her. 

Taking her hand, the young man smiled and pulled her to a close, and whispered to her.

"Never, all we have left is that we will die together. I am Rex Crozzo of the Black Templars,  Knight captain of the Lamenters company. Proud blade of humanity. I will never break my oaths for a heartless wench like you." 

Unable to react in time, the Herrscher of Flames watched the light under the young man's clothes. Stoically, Rex let out a simple prayer for his fallen comrades. The ones that paved the way. 

"You little!" The Herrscher tried to use her flames to stop him but it was too late. 

A brilliant flash covered the two and for the first time, the Herrscher of flames burned alongside the world.