Of days long gone in the future

The one-eyed Rex Crozzo sighed. The young man held a spear in one hand, dancing with the weapon quite easily inside a training room. Each strike was refined to deal damage or heavily injure an opponent. 

Sadly, he was not alone. On the side, Kiana Kaslana smiled as she tinkered with a pair of guns. Honestly, that girl can be a genius if she wants to be. Oddly enough, she seemed to spend time with him the most if the rest were gone. Like yesterday when she followed him through the city with a smile. Or when he wore a suit to watch the movie, she joined him and wore his suit due to how cold the cinema was. 

"Rex, look!" Kiana shouted with a smile as he showed her a pair of pistols that she had modified. 

"Why do they look like crossbows?" The young man asked, stopping from his set to look at the white-haired female. Kiana proudly showed off the pistols with a smile. 

"Why not?!" She asked with a grin while holding it out to him. "I call them Kiana ballistae mark 1!" Kiana said with a smile as she put a magazine on one of them. 

"I honestly thought you'd name them Make Mei like me so I can molest her mark 1." An elbow met his teasing remark from a pouting Kiana. "Okay, just joking." The one-eyed male said as he raised his hand to rub her head. Leaning eagerly, the young woman smiled and eagerly handed him one. 

"Here! You should try this." She smiled, looking up at him with blue eyes whining in excitement. 

"I don't use flashy guns," Rex said, although he did hold the gun and took it from her. "I just hope it will not blow up on my face." He said with a sigh as he looked at her. 

"It won't! It will work just as well as I know that France is the capital of New York!" Kiana stated proudly as she looked at him, making him shake his head. Honestly, this idiot. 

"After this, let's eat something Mei made for us!" Kiana said before she jumped on his back and made him carry her. "Try it!" 

Unable to refuse the excitable white-haired woman's demands, the young man took a shooting stance while ignoring the weight Kiana added on his own. Aiming at one of the targets, the young pulled the trigger, and a shockwave echoed from the bullet that exploded at the metal plate, breaking it easily. 

Blinking his lone uninjured eye, the young man was speechless at how the recoil affected him. He barely stopped himself from flinching, and god! That was loud! Wait... why does it feel lighter? Looking behind him, he saw Kiana sitting on the ground while covering her ears. She had a glare aimed at him.

"You dropped me!" She said after uncovering her ears.

"You let go," Replied the blank-faced one-eyed man.

As she glared at him, an image appeared inside her mind.

A young woman with long white hair with blue and yellowish eyes looked up at a figure bathed in the shadows. Dressed in a cape that covered her clothes as she rested in an alley, her heterochromatic eyes teared up at the dark pair that met hers. 

"I know you're an idiot, but an alley?" The figure asked, dark eyes looking at her warmly while a gloved hand stretched out to hers. "Come on. I promised I'll take care of you, remember." 

"You're late." The young woman said with a single tear falling out of her eye. "You lazy idiot." She whispered while accepting the hand and letting herself melt on the hand the figure gave her. 

"I don't care. You're Kiana and no one else." The figure said with a smile. They held her close. 

"But, I-" 

"Kiana," 

"Kiana!" Opening her eyes, the young woman first saw a pair of dark eyes. 

"Rex?" Kiana asked, looking around. She knew they were in the infirmary.