Rex Gaius, the lord of Geo

A lone dark eye opened. Blurred images entered the young man's mind as REx pushed himself up. What was happening?

"A hospital?" The young man asked, his vision clearing to reveal the clean room belonging to the school-affiliated hospital. 

"Why am I?" 

Images appeared in his mind, A push and a gun. 

Reaching towards his right eye weakly.

"I... my eye..." The young man whispered as he looked around and saw the hollow space in what used to be his right eye. "That... sucks." 

Am I supposed to do something?

Oh no, the memories from his past life were gone.

---

It took an hour before he was fully healed. It seemed like he gained a healing factor, but his eye was removed surgically, and he had to wear an eyepatch over his right eye. 

"Crozzo?" Came the voice of the white-haired girl named Theresa Apocalypse. She looked like a girl around 12 years old, dressed in a nun's habit. Despite her youthful appearance, she was already in her 40s and the academy's principal he goes to.

"Principal, Instructor Himeko." Rex greeted while he focused on a simple book, one that he found after he woke up, called Codex Carnifex. A bundle covered in bandages that Himeko can tell was a greatsword of some kind. 

"How are you?" Theresa asked as she approached the chair towards the boy and sat on it. 

"I am fine... as fine as you get after you lost an eye," Rex answered while closing his book, glancing over her direction to look at her with his left eye. For a split second, the dark orb glowed amber filled with millennia of wisdom and experience. 

Theresa and Himeko felt uneasy at the air surrounding him; it was serene like the earth, yet a maddening rage was hidden inside those depths. 

"I have a proposition for you. You live alone, right?" Theresa asked, remembering the files about Rex. He has lived alone without anyone to call family for more than half a decade. She did not know why but quickly accepted his application once he saw his photo. 

"What is it, Principal," Rex asked, looking at them curiously. What proposition? 

"You're living with me from now on, brat. I'm your new sister." Himeko said as she looked at him. Dark eyes widened as he looked at Himeko. 

The young woman knew what it was like to have a missing parent. After all, her father was only busy with her work but Rex. According to his files, he was an orphan with his parents dying of Honkai corruption almost a decade ago and had a trust fund managed by Schicksal. All the reports she read about him include that he had lost his memories due to a traumatizing effect. 

"... why?" Shutting the codes, the young man looked at the red-haired female teacher. "If you only do it because you were ordered to or feel guilty, then forget about it. I can take care of myself." 

Both Theresa and Himeko flinched. The educators of the far east branch had received orders from the overseer to take care of the only male admitted to St. Freya, but it seemed like things will be harder to do. 

"Look, we're just worried about you. You lost your eye in an incident." 

"Yeah, right." Rex cut in as he looked at the cover of his new book. "They have been planning this for a while."

Himeko was shocked and turned to look at Theresa, who looked back at her. 

"A while?" Theresa asked curiously as she sat down on the chair beside the bed.