iv. The Hermit

New Pov

The moon orbits the Earth 13 times a year and makes a full round at Earth once every 28 days. Where it orbits slower this reaches into a full cycle every month.

Today was one of its full cycles. Like the moon that orbits closer, I need to go to the city to supply some stocks. If there's any correlation to that. Checking on my cupboards and my armory making a list.

One thing I had learned living I. The wild was being independent and learning how to grow your produce. Though the weather is not that bad, I can only grow a few greens.
That can sustain my vegetarian diet as of late. I've also learned how to live healthier surprisingly I found it here in the woods, that healthy living healthy mindset thing that people rap about on TVs.

I peeked out my window seeing Shola prancing about on my wooden fences.  As if beckoning me to take a walk with her.  She was not supposed to be domesticated like this, she's a wild animal but she never left my side after I rescued her with a gunshot wound on the leg, stuck between tree branches and trunks.
I even got a medal because of this and a fairly large scar on my left shoulder.

Anyways I turned back around to get my bag and a shotgun on my slung over my shoulders. Going to the city is such a tedious task, I had to hike at least one and a half hours just to reach the forest entryway and get my pickup truck parked in the ranger's cabin.

I take one last look at the picture above my fireplace.

"I'm off.. " - New

As if someone would answer back. It's been 3 years, a year of being unemployed just lounging at my grandma's house, and 2 years of being a ranger.
It's funny cause I never thought I'd like to be one, a lawyer to a ranger that is so far-fetched.
It was still so funny to me when I started.

A hike is but a hike, yeah it was until you come across something unexpected. I just came back from the city unloading the stuff at my foyer, I had Shola carried on her back. It was always puzzling to me how she always was there whenever I got back from the city a few walks and I would see her, stomping her feet or mauling some branches and trunks. And if she realizes I'm back she would come to me.
I decided to check the northeast station a small raggedy house, it is for pit stops in between ranger houses like mine and that pitstop was in the direction of Luke. I wanted to pay a visit and give him wine I bought from the city.
Shola and I were halfway to the stop when I remembered Luke calling on the radio that the chief had called him in the city for something.

"Shola, I forgot. Like is not here let's turn back"- New

It suddenly rained and we took shelter in the trees, I didn't what came to show as she started sprinting into the mud so I ran after her. She was fast yes she was.
When I caught up she was mauling a stack of tree barks.

" Tsk tsk! Shola? let's go"- New

I click my tongue a couple but it seems she was not listening she was so aggressive. When went closer there was someone at the barks huddled in the corner. A person in a white jacket.

"Should hold on!! come now, baby!! easy girl!"- New

Two frightened eyes and shaking hands were there. A familiar face, my heart dropped at first I thought it was him but it was the complexion and those eyes were the only thing that was the same. He was Asian and he was peculiar. He was shaken but he manage to snap photos of Shola while rolling on the ground. What a funny guy, was it reflexes that made him do it, judging from his camera he was a photographer.

Present...

But now I see his back flexing with every move as he washed dishes in my kitchen, a good build. Too good for a photographer.