x. Chasing Sunshine

Flashback New pov

Tay had left, he was with Luke accompanying him out of the forest who happens to be going to town today. I don't dare to send him off.
I might just cling to him, what has he done with me to get so much attached to him in a short amount of time?
I stood up from my seat which I haven't moved from since the sunshine left.

Went to the fireplace to see the face of that one person I held dear. Finding a polaroid picture beside it, Tay was taking a picture of him with me in the background I have no clue since I was brushing Shola's fur. He was smiling like a kid who took a selfie.

I took it from the frame it was leaning on and the deck of cards was behind it. The wheel of fortune on top of the deck was visible and it gleamed in the light.

I remember playing it a week ago before I met Tay.
I did not believe in it anyway but it keeps my boredom at bay sometimes. My grandma taught me how.

Then on the stack after the wheel of fortune was The Hermit and then The Fool.

"The fool ... "- New

It reminded me of reckless Tay. It reminded me of sweet Tay. Like the sun shining on the newly rained forest. He was a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
He strung my heart and I almost got lost in it.

It hurts, my heart beating fast and it hurts. A tear escaped my eyes. I didn't know why I was crying.
Snapping out I walked towards the door to the fences where Shola was

" Princess do me a good favor and let's run, please. They could be halfway now, I might be able to see him"- New

The moose just start stomping its foot like it understood every word. I immediately rode on its back not minding that it was cold and I only have a thin sweater on me.
Because I want to see him, my heart yearns for him.

I needed to let him know that it was not easy for me, that I wanted to be with him as well as much as he did.
I didn't care if leaves grazed my skin.
I was running after him, I knew it was silly of me to pretend that I don't feel something. Maybe I was the fool, maybe the cards were right.

And maybe.. Just maybe this was the chance to redeem myself and Tay was the sign.

Panting hard Shola ran like the wind as if feeling my emotions as well.
When we reached the camp, I stood there waiting to look over Tay who was struggling with his luggage. I did not call him.

Maybe seeing him is just enough goodbyes for me now. But he saw me standing in the bushes. He ran to me, clinging to me like he didn't want to let go.
We said whispers of love and endless goodbyes and see you again.
Though I didn't want to let go of that warm hand, I had to but I will find him and never let him go.

----------

The unfamiliar streets of Thailand greeted him, it was a bit different from Canada or California where he used to stay. Has it been a decade or more that he has not seen his mother's hometown?
He was wearing a white tee and black distressed pants. Sunglasses covered his eyes against the harsh hot weather, only with a backpack on him. He looked out of place, his milky white skin gleaming in the sun had now become red he was like a tomato, and because of the heavy jacket on his arms evident that he came from a cold country. His headphones were on his ears as he tried to memorize the streets he ended up with.

He laughed at himself after 6 months of settling everything in Canada he booked a flight to Thailand without plans. He just wanted to be in the same air, the same place as Tay. He was not even sure if he had still remembered him or if had he given up on those 6 months that he made him wait.
He was here and he'll find answers soon but first, he needs to book a place to stay.

New got ahold of things easily he was in the heart of Bangkok, he books a place near all the possible business centers and connecting malls. He had his contact, and he narrowed his search down using the internet but he needs to settle first and he needs a few days. He needs to get used to Thailand's weather and its people, he knew how to speak and he can communicate pretty well but the lifestyle is a bit different from what he used to, he knew Tay was a photographer but what he didn't know was he was so famous.

New as a lawyer once had his ego as well he never wanted to show himself like he was back in the mountains. He is serious and he wants to show Tay how he wants to prove himself to him and be with him.
He had money all those years working as a lawyer and a ranger had made him earn lots, he was wise in handling finances so he saved a ton for himself.
He could even buy a car right now.

2 days in Thailand made him settle his stuff, he looked around for possible business investments and even searched for a good law firm. On nights he would check on Tay's socials for updates on him, he did contact Tay once as he did not want to keep the man hoping for him more than he should else all his plans fail. But now he is here he is determined to get him and if that ends up in a heartbreak it will hurt one way or another but he was prepared.

Tay had an exhibition on the weekends it was a private one but he got a ticket which he bid for and he was excited to see the man's face again.

TAY POV

"Peng, there is someone who bids for the Shola portrait, aren't you going to sell it? They've been bidding for a high price" - Off

"No, it is not for sale!"- Tay

As they have been discussing looking over the portrait of the white moose Shola. He remembered New, he was in the background after all blurred but he could see very well the silhouette of the man whom he haven't seen since 6 months ago.

"Peng, can you just move on it's been what 10 months? He will not come it's too long and judging by it, it looks just like a fling to me. He didn't even try to contact you once" - Off

"6 months, it was 6 months and he did message me 3 months ago" - Tay

"Wtf! I can't believe you are holding on to a stranger's words like that. You just met him and stayed for a week or two with him." - Off

He just stayed quiet staring at the background of the portrait of the man he longed to see. He hoped that New hadn't changed his mind. He had fears in the back of his mind, yes he just met him but that abrupt meeting was what sparked life in him and that face he can't forget haunts him in his dreams.

Off had left him already in his world as he shook his head for a friend that he thinks has lost his mind.

----------------------------------------------------------
A/N

💙 Who's happy TN is back together for work, I am but it's suspicious. They gave us alot of crumbs lately.🤭😅