Chapter 11: Always and forever interrupted!

No One POV

5 min earlier

"Why are you glowing?" He asks angrily before he slaps her across the face. A small smile creeps at her lips despite the rough slap as she whispers softly to herself "Jojo."

Présent

The three girls carefully follow down the stairs, one step at time, to come face to face with the cave's door. Hailey, being the one leading the group, takes a deep breath before opening it with shaky hands. Once they enter, the three of them look at each other, confused as to why the hell a door is hiding three other freaking doors?! Of course they needed a bloody labyrinth! A silent agreement to split pass between the three girls as they each clasp one of the handles before yanking the doors open and disappearing into the hall behind them.

As Trevor was having his fun cutting the flesh of Penelope's body and hearing her bloody scream, he suddenly hears some footsteps coming closer. He groans in annoyance at being interrupted before quickly throwing Penelope against the wall then holds her by the throat, making it almost impossible for her to breath.

Then he buries his hand deeply into her chest, a silent cry leaves her parted lips. As she brasses herself ready to die, he chuckles but doesn't rip her heart immediately, instead he leans to whisper evilly into her ear "They will never come in time to save you."

"Penelope!" A terrified scream is heard into the empty hallway. It's Hope. Trevor smirks hearing her coming closer, he tightens his grip and mischievously looks at Penelope. He has a plan, he is waiting for one of the girls to burst into the room, to finally kill her before their eyes... But Penelope can't let this happen.. She knows that whoever is gonna burst into the room, will never be able to forgive themselves and to recover from her 'death'. Whoever it might be, one of the three girls that love her deeply, each one in their proper way.. She can't let that happen. So with all the little strength she has left in her exhausted and painful body, she lightly pushes Trevor away when the latter has his attention drawn towards the door, too shocked by her action, Penelope takes this opportunity to wrap her hands around his neck and snaps it before he has the time to react. He instantly loosened his grip from her heart and throat before both of them fell into the ground with a loud thud. The raven-haired girl has time to gasp a long and needed breath before the door slams open to reveal a frightened Hope with her really noisy beating heart!

It takes a few seconds for Hope to fully take into the scene before her eyes and understand what happened, but once she's done, she quickly rushes towards Penelope, tears rolling down her cheeks as her parted lips release a loud relief sob. She cups her sister's bloody face and Penelope feels herself tearing up too as she takes on the state Hope currently is. She slowly wraps her hands around her sister's wrists and gently caresses them, nodding her head as if telling her she's okay. When an army of sobs fill the small room, Penelope quickly pulls Hope into a tight embrace, wrapping her arms around her back and starts drawing some sort of pattern to try to calm her loud cries.

Hope wraps tightly her arms around Penelope's neck, inhaling her scent to calm herself while she cries her eyes out, relieved to see her sister alive yet petrified at the idea of what would have happened if she arrived a few moments later..

They stay like this for a few moments longer, taking in each other's presence to feel safe and at home again. When the sobs finally stop, Hope braces herself to pull away and takes in the state of her sister.. Her eyes are swollen and red, she has huge black bags under her eyes, bruises all over her face, a cut on her lips too, but what makes Hope's heart ache more is the multitude of cuts and blood she has all over her entire body and the big hole in her chest. 'Nothing seems to bloody heal!'