Chapter 10: I'm sorry, am I what?

Penelope POV

When I wake up from what feel like a blurry dream, I was in my bed, not a dark burned room, the sunlight was filling the room by the small open of the curtains. I slowly look around, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, everything seems to be in place, the walls are bright green, instead of black because of the smoke, all of my plants are in place in the corner of the room, instead of burn, and my bed, well my bed is as comfy as it was once upon a time.. I stay in bed for a few more seconds, cuddling my turtle plush, the feeling of home make it almost impossible to leave this bed. Until it hit me, this day is too familiar! I'm in my bed, in my room, in New Orleans! What the actual fuck?! If my room is clean, it's mean that nothing nerver happened? Was it just a dream? But it seems so real.. Well, kind of messy, yeah.. But still! Shit, I've got messy brain, when I'll tell Hailey about that she'll just laugh in my face! How stupid I am, believing that my parents died and I'd been in a supernatural school.. Unless it's some kind of magical trick.. Fuck I don't know what's real and what's not..

And then the smell of delicious pancakes fill my nose, making my mouth water. I slowly raise from my bed and dress before going down the stairs to discovered my parents peacefully eating their breakfast. My eyes water at the sign. I quickly rush to my parents and hug them tightly while a sob escaped my parted lips and the tears roll down my cheeks. Both of my parents automaticaly wrap their arms around me, concernly asking if I was okay. I only manage to nod my head as an answer ans weakly whisper "I am now". After a few more minutes I finaly extract from my parents worry's grip to offer them a wide smile and wipe my shining eyes. I quickly kiss their cheeks and go grab some of those delicious pancakes.

We make small talk until my mom excitedly remember something important which makes me shiver, and not in the good way "Hey honey, I know that tonight is supposed to be your sleepover at Hailey's but don't forget to not come back too late tonight, because Brie arrived around 10, and I'm sure you're dying to see her!" My eyes widen and I was about to denied it but my mouth betrayed me as if I was a robot "I'll be back before 10 I promise!" and then my lips curled into an excited smile before by feet started rushing to the door after grabbing my bag and I head to the door without my consent! I want to stay with my parents and tell them I love them and tell them to not under any circustances open the door to my 'friend' Trevor tonight but my mouth shouts "I'll see you tonight, love you!" before I know it, I'm walking to the school. What the actual fuck again?!

The day went by, and I couldn't do anything, it's like I was control to do things while my brain was fully mine, is that make sens? Like I was thinking about something to say or do and my body do or say something totally different. I was growing frustrated I couldn't do anything I wanted to do.. Until the night came and I was with Hailey in her room, where I was supposed to sleep but then I remember this morning and I quickly apologised to Hailey and telled her I couldn't stay because Brie must already be back at home, and rush out of her house at full speed, afraid of what could happened. Fuck, what if it wasn't a dream after all, and I was reliving this day over again. Except I was supposed to fall asleep with Hailey and no return to my house. What will be waiting for me once I arrived? Would I be welcome by my loving family laughing at some stories Brie came back with, or would I be welcome by the devil torturing my loving family?

As I was approching my house, my hands start shaking, I heard a scream coming from the second floor of the house, my sister is screaming in pain. I don't think twice before rushing inside and climbing the stairs three at the time. Where I hear an other one, this time it was a scream from my mom, praying to leave her daughter alone, and when I finaly reach my room, where the screams are coming from, what I see make my stomach flip in pure disgust, I want to throw up. I want to yell and run towards them to free them, consol them, I want to charged Trevor and beat the shit out of him but I can't. All I can do is watching them being torture before my eyes helplessly. I can't move nor speak, it is like I am not supposed to be here, so I can't do anything, my feet are planted in the grownd, my mouth shut and my eyes are burning from the tears. I couldn't bring myself to watch him torturing my family and hearing them scream so I close my eyes tightly and covere my ears with my hands to not being able to hear nor see them being torture anymore. But then two strong arms force me to uncovere my ears and he growls angrily.