Chapter 8: I don't know if I can do this

Penelope POV

"H, wait, slow down, I have to go back to the school for a least a week!"

"No, Ro, what you need is to be as far away from this school as possible because he's coming and when he'd be there, you better not ne around because he'll hurt the people you care about and if you're not with them, you protect them and youself, even if it hurt! Believe me I know how much it's hurt.." H takes my hand and gently caresses the back of my hand, without looking up from the road.

"I know and I'm sorry you had to watched me leave like this, but it not because of them, I-I triggered my curse, well it triggered when my family died, so I have a week before turning into a werewolf, so I have to go back to the school so I can turn into the cell there and then we can leave the school." I try to explain.

"Don't worry about turning Ro, I already have an idea, we're going to New Orleans, and more precisly we're going to the Bayou, where now all the werewolves are free to join a group for their transition, they said that it's easier to know that you're not the only one suffer in this." Hailey smiles sympathetically while my eyes widen at the mention of the location.

"New Orleans? There is some of my family there! Maybe we could stop by and meet them?" I say hopefully, having totaly forget about being afraid of the transition.

"Yeah if you know where they're we can visit them but first the transition, then we can search them but before we meet them I have to go to Belgium a few days. And we have to talk about the Gemini witch you're seing.." There is a little dissapointement in her voice but I brush it off because I'm thinking about the siphoner with a small smile creeping on my lips. But then I registe what Hailey said and turn fully towards her.

"What about Josie?" I ask confuse.

"Well, your cute little witch and her sister have a curse on their coven, didn't they talk about it with you?" I furrow my eyebrow while thinking but no they never mention it.

"No, and neither did Hope, I think they have no idea about it.. What is it?" I ask now a little worry.

"Well.. The curse's name is The Merge, and this is a powerful ritual performed as a practiced tradition by the Gemini Coven that determined who will be their next leader. According to my researches, it takes place in the Gemini Coven when two twins reach their 22nd birthday. Due to the twins being the first in line for the leadership of the coven, they are required to perform Merging, through which their strength would be merged together and all of their combined magic would be absorbed by one twin. The stronger twin survives the spell and is empowered by their magic as well as the magic of their twin, meanwhile the weaker twin, however, is drained of their magic and dies."

Hailey takes a deep breath and watch attentively my reaction.

"We have to do something about it I can't loose neither one of them!" I say firmly trying not to overthinking thanks to my fear.

"I know, that it why I have to go to Belgium. Don't worry I wouldn't let anything happen to your friends." Hailey squeezes my hand thightly to reassure me..

"Thank you Hailey." I smile genuinely at Hailey and squeeze back her hand.

No one's POV

A week later Hailey and Penelope have made some more researches about the curse on the Gemini coven without so much luck, once they were settle at New Orleans. It was frustrating Penelope because of the lack of answers, plus the fact that she'll have to turn today, didn't help to relax. They have to ask for help for her first werewolf transition, P is very nervous and scares to loose control and hurts someone innocent. But Hailey assures her everything is gonna be okay.