Chapter 1: Penelope Park

Rowan/Penelope POV

Hi my name is Rowan Penelope Fricks, i'm 16 years old and I've just learn two weeks ago that i'm a witch and that all the legends about vampires, werewolf and stuff...are real... My best friend is happened to be one of them, as I am. It's realy strange but I guess I always knew that I was different. My parents always told me that I was special, I guess now I finaly understand what they mean. I don't know if my family was a part of the supernatural world, and I guess I'll never found because they died three weeks ago in a fire accident.

According to the police it was a candle which start the fire but I don't believe them because my parents never burn candles they hate the smell. However what I think is that someone start the fire on purpose. But the question is why. Why all my family burn and not me? Why am I alive? But I know why. Because I wasn't there when it happened. And now I beat myself because I was supposed to be with them, maybe if I was there I wouldn't have lost them, maybe I'd had saved them.

But now it's too late. It's over. I lost everything in this fire. My mom, my dad, my sister, my house. Everything. I couldn't stay there anymore even if my best friend Hailey lives there and try her best to help me. I had to go away and try to start a new life. I lived a human life, which I guess wasn't suppose to be mine. So now i'm gonna try to start my new supernatural life. That's why I'm here, in front of the Salvatore Boarding School for the Young and Gifted in Mystic Falls.

Thanks to my best friend, who saddly accept to helped me because she though that I may have been in danger in Atlanta. She suspected something going on so she made a plan for me. At first I was totaly against it but then I found myself agree because if I was truly in danger then I'd stay away from the last few people I care about to protect them.

So we did what we plan. I fake my own death thanks to magic herbs that Hailey had, they slowed my heart and made me look dead, we called the police who filed the case saying that was a suicide (thanks to Hailey's actress talents). Once at the morgue, Hailey made sure the file was complete by saying that I was cremated so the body wouldn't be a problem anymore. We came back to her house where I lived for the last three weeks, since..well you know.. She cast an cloaking spell on me, so nobody will found me if they search for me with magic. She's the only one who know where i'm going.

I grabe some stuff and made my luggage before thank my best friend with a huge hug and tell her i'm going to be okay. She just nods and cry so I did. After few time the taxi honks and I climb in. I decided to take a new identity to start my new life.

"Hi, my name is Penelope Park, the new student." I said when the tall man approached me with a soft smile, it's wasn't exactly a lie because Penelope is my middle name and Park it's my grandmother's name...

"Hi i'm Alaric Saltzman the headmaster, nice to meet you and welcome to the Salvatore Boarding School for the Young and Gifted. Let's go talk in my office it's early in the morning so their probably no students in the hallways for now." He adds before opening the front door of the school.

We walk in the hallways and actually there was no one yet. When we arrived in front of the office, he opened the door and let me in, gesture for me to take a seat. I sat and started to explain the situation.

When I finish he stand up, walks to the door and tells me "Stay here, be quiet I would be back in a few minute with a student who gonna take you a tour of the school and show you your room." He smiles at me then walk away closing the door behind him.

After fifteen minutes, a beautiful auburn hair girl with the most beautiful ocean blue eyes I ever seen, enters in the office. She seems tired and she's obviously not realy happy to be here. She blinks a few times before softly smiling at me (I guess she sees my sad smile and the bags under my eyes).