Chapter 2-Rest

As the sun was about to set, Bennett and Razor had already arrived at Dihua Marsh. "Look! There's Wangshu Inn if I'm not mistaken, let's go there to rest to call it a day!" The green-eyed boy said, gazing up upon the Inn that was not far away. His partner, on the other hand, was distracted by the breathtaking scenery. "Butterfly," the half-wolf said softly as his eyes trailed a bright yellow butterfly flew past him that Razor soon chased. It was not long before the butterfly soon flew away with a height that the grey-haired boy could not reach. "Oh.." the boy said, looking a little dejected.

Seeing this, Bennett smiled softly as to how cute the half-wolf was. He ran to the dejected one and hugged him from behind, shouting his name enthusiastically. Though the adventurer did make Razor's mood light up a little, the boy ended up replying, "Bennett...loud."

  Realising this, the unlucky boy apologised with guilt, avoiding eye contact with Razor awkwardly after. "Bennett..no need to be sorry," the red-eyed boy went up to the white-haired lad and bowed slightly. Bennett was confused at first. "Oh!" he understood the grey-haired one's intention after and ruffled his soft, light grey hair playfully, which Razor enjoyed as his cheeks were flushed with a rosy pink colour. "haha, let's go to that inn now!" exclaimed the adventurer as he pointed to the humongous inn that was not far away and begin to go towards there.

  It was nightfall. The ground level of the inn was deserted. Lamps paving the way shone dimly, but enough for the two lovers to see in the dark. The sound of crickets and a breeze of cold wind could be heard in the still air and silent night. Bennett and Razor proceeded to the inn's lift which brought them up to the highest floor of Wangshu Inn, excluding the rooftop. Walking down the stairs together, they saw a receptionist by the name of Verr Godlet at the counter. She had long, light brown hair with dark brown eyes and was wearing a red traditional outfit.

  "May I assist you two?" The receptionist said. "Could you give the two of us a room to stay for the night?" Said the white-haired boy asked. "Of course, here's your room key," Verr Godlet said, passing the adventurer a key to their temporary room as Bennett gave the receptionist a few Mora from his bag that he had brought for the travel. The brown-haired receptionist showed the direction of the room which the two boys thanked her and followed. Entering their room, they were amazed by how clean and neat it is. To them, it was like a luxury hotel, considering that they had never been to an inn before. The walls were a yellowish-white colour and the white beds were made neatly. The furniture in the room was a reddish-brown colour with brown windows with fancy patterns on them.

  "Wow..." the unlucky boy said in awe, looking around the room where they will be staying for the night. "This is amazing! Let's wash up and sleep, I'm getting a little tired..." yawned Bennett as he said, with the red-eyed boy nodding as he say.

  Having Bennett guide his clueless partner with some stuff, they finally got ready for bed, which was about nine o'clock post meridiem(p.m.), looking at the clock that was hung on the wall. "There are two beds, just perfect for the two of us, I'll take this one, you can take the other one!" Exclaimed Bennett as he jumped onto one of the beds face-front. "Mm..Razor wants to sleep with Benny, Benny warm," said Razor. Bennett jolted up in reply to what his partner had said. "Oh! Alright, that could work, heh ha..." blushed the green-eyed adventurer with embarrassment, rubbing the back of his neck. The next thing Bennett knew, the half-wolf pounced on him, causing the adventurer to fall back on the bed. "Haha, alright now Wolfie! Let's sleep for real this time, it's getting pretty late," Bennett said, but Razor was already sound asleep. The one who was awake sighed and gently covered the sleeping with a bed, turned off the lamp and slept beside him, awaiting for the morning sun to rise.