Chapter 14-Big trouble

As Bennett and Razor tried their hardest to raise Yichen for the past few weeks, it has not been so easy at all. There were many questionable incidents of Yichen, including getting stuck at the top of a tree, getting left in a bush for hours without notice(Razor did it), getting lost multiple times, almost drowning in a river, and nearly dying when falling off a cliff(Bennett slipped and fell) and the list basically goes on.

  Among those, one of them was...complicated.

  Everything seemed great so far. It didn't rain, Yichen didn't get into trouble, and it was nearly a perfect day to start a lovely adventure.

Bennett and Razor were near Cuijue Slop along with Yichen.

  "What a lovely day to start an adventure don't you think, Yichen?" Asked the adventurer, grinning from ear to ear. "Yah!" The baby said, expressing his excitement.

They took a stroll under the afternoon sun, looking around the dirty yellow land and greyish blue lake that they were at. It was definitely not an eye-catching view, but the couple surely did not see such things in Mondstadt before.

Just then, a pyro abyss mage appeared out of the blue and forcefully snatch Yichen away when the adventurer was off guard. Thunderstruck by that action, Bennett immediately took out his sword to attack the abyss mage though knowing that his attacks may be immune to it.

"If you launch your attack on me...this baby of yours may be in danger..." the abyss mage said in a raspy voice. Hearing this, Bennett and Razor had no choice but to put down their weapons.

"Good...good," the abyss mage said in satisfaction.

"What do you want to do with him," said the green-eyed adventurer sternly.

"Take him away and raise him, legendary adventurer,"

"Don't you dare,"

"What will you do then? You can't do anything," the abyss mage laughed evilly. "Bye-bye, 'legendary' adventurer," the same blue portal opened before the abyss mage.

"No! Wait!" Bennett exclaimed as he reached out his hand. "I'll do anything!"

"Anything?" The abyss mage turned its head and looked at the adventurer.

"Yes, just give the baby back," said the white-haired boy who seemed to be calm on the surface.

"Give me that friend of yours, the one who wields the legendary sword!" Demanded the abyss mage.

Stunned, the adventurer rejected, "No way!"

"Then I'm gladly taking the baby then,"

"Wait!"

"It's either the baby or your friend, 'legendary' adventurer,"

Great, now Bennett is stuck between two options. Yichen or Razor. Both are precious to him, who could he lose? His eyes darted from the baby to his boyfriend rapidly, finding it hard to lose any one of them. Who should he sacrifice?