Chapter 5-Meeting the "formal" Xingqiu

"Ouch! Liyue is pretty dangerous!" Winced the adventurer. They had just finished exploring the mountains and got into quite the catastrophe on the way. Humongous rocks were crashing down on the two unexpectedly, hilichurls and abyss mages went chasing after them, you know, the usual.

  Bennett and Razor are now resting under a tree and had set up a bonfire, trying to patch up their wounds and injuries. It was around midnight, considering they were in Liyue Harbour for almost the whole day. "Alright! Today's not quite a bad day ay? We got some treasure at least!" The white-haired adventurer said, having patched up his injuries. The red-eyed boy shook his head as he scooted closer to Bennett's side, gently holding his arm, "Bennett almost lost his arm, Razor was worried," he said. "Right, luckily you were there and managed to prevent me from losing my arm, Wolfie! Thank you hehe," giggled Bennett gleefully as he went up to kiss Razor's cheek as a thank-you gesture. The grey-haired boy retreated away from the adventurer's side and looked away, avoiding eye contact with him.

  "Ah, it's getting late, we should probably sleep now, night Wolfie!" The green-eyed boy said, mildly embarrassed. "Did I make him uncomfortable? Oh, I hope not...," Bennett thought anxiously. Pushing his thoughts, he got down on the yellowish-green grass immediately, eyes shut. Meanwhile, Razor's cheek blushed a light pink colour and was unable to think straight. How cute can his boyfriend be? In fact, he was not uncomfortable at all!

"Benny, Benny," a voice was heard repeating over and over again. The adventurer slowly opened his eyes, seeing Razor trying to wake him up. "Huh, what is it, Wolfie?" Asked the white-haired one. "2 pm," said the red-eyed boy simply. Bennett understood immediately. "Oh shoot!" Exclaimed the adventurer in panic. He quickly got up and went to Liyue Harbour, dragging Razor along. It was the day he is going to meet the young master of the Feiyun Commerce Guild, and he is already going to be late!

  "Ah, I'm so sorry I'm late!" Bennett bowed Low and apologised. "Oh no, it's fine! Xingqiu is waiting for you in his office, you can go there straight away," said Xu kindly, the one who gave the adventurer the letter. "Thank you very much, sir!" Grinned the green-eyed adventurer as he entered the doors of the Feiyun Commerce Guild.

  In Xingqiu's office was him himself sitting on his office chair. "Welcome, O mighty adventurer," he teased the white-haired boy. "Ah, you exaggerate! I'm not as strong as you think, in fact, I'm sorry in advance if I passed my bad luck to you..." Bennett said apologetically.

"No no, it's fine, take a seat,"

"Thank you!"

"I've honestly wanted to visit you in Mondstadt, but there was an important case I had to handle that time which I'd just resolved yesterday. When I heard that you've travelled here in Liyue, I wanted to meet you in person, that's why I sent Xu to give u the letter, my greatest pleasure to meet you!"

"My greatest pleasure to meet you too!"

"I'm curious, what sets you aside from others so differently that you're the only one who obtained the legendary sword?"

"I think that it's your mindset and your integrity that counts. We sadly live in a judgmental society. If we have disabilities or such, society would not accept them. Just like me. I was shunned away by the citizens of Mondstadt city because of my bad luck. It is only when I did something incredibly impossible for me to do so that I became appreciated. There is also a lack of honesty nowadays. Some people said they are kind and will help people in need, but in reality, they will be the total opposite, most people will say that for reputation, and would like others to think that they are a good person in society. The purpose of the legendary sword is to maybe filter out the true ones from the others, and I think it's right for the unknown goddess to do so. It shows how bad society has become..."

"I totally agree with you, why not we be friends? You can come to my place anytime, be my guest!"

"Really?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"Sure! I don't mind!"

And that was how the conversation went. Bennett and Xingqiu chatted for an hour, each briefly introducing themselves. "Oh! I've got to go, Razor and I want to go on an adventure now, uh, may I leave?" The adventurer said awkwardly. "As you please, it's not like I'm imprisoning you here anyway," the blue-haired boy chuckled. Bennett laughed along. "Farewell then, Xingqiu, see you tomorrow!" The green-eyed boy bid Xingqiu goodbye as he left his office.

"C'mon Wolfie, let's go!" The adventurer called Razor, as he approached the place where he was at previously playing with the group of dogs yesterday, which he currently still is playing with them right now. Hearing Bennett's voice, Razor turned his head and looked up at the adventurer from his sitting position. "Missed me?" The green-eyed adventurer giggled light-heartily as he said, squatting down beside the half-wolf. "Mm!" The grey-haired one nodded. "Then let's go! I have a place I want to go explore," exclaimed the adventurer while helping Razor to get up as they both head towards a new adventure.