Chapter 16-Hope

Note!
This chapter will contain major spoilers from my Xingyun fanfic "Lovers From The Past" if you are planning to read it, I suggest you read my Xingyun fanfic first before you proceed to read this chapter!

As Bennett waited outside of Liyue Harbour, sitting on the green grass, he could not help but recall the times when Razor was still with him. Where he had first met Razor in his wolf form, their first night together, though awkward, it brought them closer together. The time where he saw Razor waiting at the front of Wolvendom when he went out on an adventure in Dragonspine, the time where they stuck together in the portal in Whispering Woods, the time where Razor confessed to him, the time when they had their first kiss, the time where Razor defended him from Xuanli, the time when Razor said he had troubles expressing love towards him, the time when they first found Yichen, the lists goes on for eternity. The whole one year of unforgettable memories will always be etched into his mind, even if Razor and Yichen were probably dead by now. Not having Razor or Yichen by his side was unbearable, considering that they were by his side every single day, especially Razor.

  "I-I don't know what to do with him, he didn't smile a bit the whole way here!" A faint voice coming from Chongyun was heard as he walked out of Liyue Harbour with Xingqiu by his side.

"It's like that, how would you feel if you lost your lover huh?" Xingqiu questioned.

"...sad?"

"Will you feel like smiling?"

"No-"

"Exactly Yun Yun,"

  As the young master approached the adventurer, he squatted down to him. "Hey, I heard what happened. Everything is going to be alright, trust me. You really shouldn't underestimate Anastasia. A spirit from Celestia holds great powers, and I bet Razor and Yichen will be just fine, at the moment, try to be happier alright? You really don't want to be gloomy all day, it will affect your well being," assured Xingqiu as he gave Bennett a comforting smile.

"I'll try..." the adventurer said weakly as he gave a smile back.

Xingqiu held the white-haired boy up as he patted him on his back. "Let's have a chat while strolling," he said. Bennett nodded.

As they strolled for hours, taking breaks in between, Xingqiu and Chongyun accompanied Bennett throughout the stroll with the adventurer expressing his frustration and regret to them and them comforting him with affirmations. Though that did make Bennett feel better, the regret and worry still lingered in his heart.

It was not long before nightfall and they had to find a safe place to spend the night as they created a bonfire to light up the dark atmosphere around them.

  "It's been around five hours..." said Bennett. "Wait, Xingqiu, you're supposed to go back to Feiyun Commerce Guild right? Why are you still here?"

  "I got permission to leave the Feiyun Commerce Guild for a few days! Anyway, I'm still confident they'll be alright Bennett, it's only a matter of time!" The young master said optimistically. "I myself have experienced losing my lover before," he continued, looking at Chongyun.

  "You lost Chongyun before? How so?" Bennett asked curiously.

  "Chongyun once died before-"

  "Chongyun died?" The adventurer echoed, his head turning to the exorcist in astonishment.

"Wait, let me explain Bennett," Xingqiu chuckled.

  "Oh alright, sorry," the white-haired boy apologised.

  "Well, I saw his soul went into the Portal Of Time-"

"Portal Of Time?" The adventurer exclaimed, cutting off Xingqiu once again.

The blue-haired boy remained silent, as well as Chongyun too. Realising this, Bennett was slightly embarrassed.

"I'm so sorry, just, very shocked," he apologised again.

"It's fine, then I found a stopwatch...." Xingqiu continued explaining how he got Chongyun back and how they encountered the Spirit Of Time while the green-eyed boy listened attentively, ensuring that he did not interrupt the young master's explanation again.

"Interesting..." Bennett said in amazement, his eyes wide open. For once he felt that someone understands him, how he feels when he lost his lover, and for once he had forgotten about the regret and worry as Xingqiu's story distracted him from worrying about it.

"Alright! You really should go to sleep now! When you wake up the next morning, you might see Razor and Yichen, along with Anastasia returning safely!" The amber-eyes boy said.

"Okay, good night then!" Bennett said optimistically, feeling a little better with the hope Xingqiu gave him.