Chapter 8-Issues (I)

As they sat on the bench, and talked about themselves and their hobbies, interest and so on.

For the past few weeks, Bennett and Razor had been both adventuring and exploring Liyue, with Chongyun and Xingqiu tagging along at times. Bennett will also visit Xingqiu at his office at times when he could not go exploring with them. All though everything seemed to be going smoothly, there seemed to be a problem between Bennett and Razor...

  "Xingqiu...you need to help me!" The adventurer whined. It was another day that Xingqiu could not help but be "locked" in his office again due to a case he needs to settle, thus the green-eyed boy headed to his office, this time looking dejected. "What's with the downcast? What happened now?" Asked the blue-haired boy.

  "Well, it's a little complicated..."

  "Just spit it out, nothing to worry about,"

  "I think...Razor doesn't love me..."

  "P-pardon?"

  "Razor doesn't love me, that's my conclusion!"

  "Woah Woah slow down! What makes you say that even?"

  "Well, I feel like Razor is more aloof ever since we became boyfriends, and not a single 'I love you' comes out of his mouth and didn't seem to react to my gestures of love! I even shower him with love unconditionally every day and there was not a single day I didn't say 'I love you' to him and-ugh, it's so complicated as I said..."

  "You're speaking too fast slow down! I know you're unsure and all but don't you think your conclusion is a bit...bizarre?"

  "Well, what should I say then? What do I even do?"

  "Hm, let one think about it, then I'll get back to you, okay?"

  "Alright, I'm counting on you Xingqiu, sorry about this,"

  "No, no it's alright!"

  Bennett thanked Xingqiu before leaving his office, heading off to Qince village. Why? You may ask? Well, Razor and Chongyun are waiting for him there. Razor would usually follow Bennett wherever he goes, but this time, he decided to stay with Chongyun, the reason, well, will be revealed soon.

  As the adventurer was on his way out of Liyue Harbour, a figure of a teenage girl seemed to walk up to him. She had brown eyes, had medium-length hair that was tied in two plaits neatly. "Hello, Bennett! I'm Xuanlin and I'm your biggest fan!" Exclaimed the girl. "Oh really? Thanks!" The adventurer thanked the teenager.

  "I was wondering, can we be friends?"

  "Sure! I don't mind. I'm actually rushing to go somewhere right now,"

  "Why won't you stay for a bit? It wouldn't hurt right?"

  "Oh um...sure-but just five minutes alright?"

  "Thank you!"

  Bennett and Xuanli chatted for a while, Xuanli spoke most of the time, telling the white-haired adventurer about herself, hoping that he will be impressed by her.

  "Ah, I really got to go now, bye!" Said the green-eyed adventurer awkwardly before running away. "Wait!" Xuanli reached out her hand but it was too late, Bennett has already left Liyue Harbour.

"Well, shall we go adventuring now?" The adventurer shouted across as he reached the village. "Bennett, you're back!" Chongyun exclaimed. "I was thinking we would explore..." there was a long pause as the white-haired boy tried to recall the map of Liyue and the locations on it. "Oh! Let's explore Guili Plains!" He continued. Both Chongyun and Razor nodded in agreement. "Let's head off then!" Bennett exclaimed, trying to get the feeling of Razor not loving him off of his mind.