†Reborn

Simply put, Octavia had had a rough few days.

And here she now was, after her fathers funeral, drunk (and high) off her face, cutting her own fringe, which need I remind you is not a good idea at the best of times, and trying her very best to be as careful as she could with the ornate wine glass she'd stolen from downstairs which was currently being emptied and re-filled very quickly with expensive wine taken from the bar.

She supposed she could just drink it straight from the bottle but she wanted to keep some shred of dignity about her, and besides, Linda would kill her if she knew Octavia was leaving dark red lip stains around the rim of such a beautiful glass, so she might as well ruin gorgeous things as much as she could while she had the freedom.

Deciding on a whim that enough was enough she put down her scissors, snorted one more line (for 'luck' as she had so eloquently put it before), and headed towards the stairs.

Her knuckles turning a bright white at how hard she was gripping the banister, she staggered down, bright explosions of light in the corners of her eyes reminding her that she hadn't completed her promise to herself to shoot up yet, and that she would really have to get on with that.

Her bag (which was still on the ground floor, she could not be arsed to move it to her room) was currently having it's contents emptied by Klaus, who was perspiring feverishly and no doubt leaving sweaty handprints all over her travel bag.

"There's no more drugs in there Klausy." Octavia said with a smirk but one that quickly evaporated.

The way her brother whipped around was almost comical, but his gaunt face was not. Looking down, she could see the track marks on his arms, his veins prominent and his eyes too big for his head, the days old stubble on his face creating a dark shadow across it.

He looked already dead.

And she supposed she did too.

"Rich coming from you Via." It was unlike her brother to be this sharp with her.

Klaus grabbed her arm, his nails digging in just a bit too deep, and dragged her to the kitchen.

"Fucking Hell Kla-" She was cut off when she was slammed into a wall, Klaus' thin fingers were wrapped around the bottom of her throat, just tight enough to make the blood rush to her head.

"Via I know you have some, just please please give some to me, please, I'll try harder to get clean after this just one more please, I'm begging you please..."

He rambled on, not seeming aware that he had his own sister pinned up against a wall, slowly choking. She was lucky he had experience in safely choking someone and was unconsciously practising the methods on her, or she would have passed out by now.

He was cut off by Allisons screams as she entered the kitchen.

Klaus was pulled off Octavia with surprising ease, they both crumpled to the ground, she holding her throat and tasting blood, he holding his pounding head.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Allison screamed.

Octavia coughed, her hands shaking as she supported herself on the tiled floor.

"Octavia. He just tried to kill you for some fucking drugs." Allisons voice had a strange calmness to it, like she had almost excepted this to happen. "Imagine if you hadn't been to rehab Via, he could have killed you by now if you hadn't got sober."

Octavia and Klaus' eyes met, hers widened and begging.

"Vanya should be here right now, where is she?" Allison continued, wrapping her arms around herself, almost as if she had been the one choking moments earlier.