The Dreaming(s)

(please set the video above to 1:03:22, if its not already set to that)

Five Hargreeves had been waiting for a certain man to exit the 'opticians' for almost an hour.

He had not had any rest for two days, so it was no surprise that his eyes slowly started to close, and he drifted off, not for the first time since he came back, to the end of the world.

Five Hargreeves, The Star-the light at the end of everything.

Five opened his eyes to reveal Octavia kneeling in-front of him, his hand in hers, and her eyes meeting his, a look of pure terror on her face.

Octavia got up, black fluid still actively dripping from her nose.

She started talking, her usually beautiful voice now raspy and painful, as if one had been screaming for too long.

Five could not make head or tails of what she was saying. It was a mix of different languages, her voice would break at several times rendering her speechless and drops of blood would fall out of her mouth.

Information was falling out of her mouth senselessly, as there was too much of it to fit inside her mortal brain, and it must go somewhere.

He tried to step closer, but his ears were attacked by the different sounds surrounding Octavia. it was as if multiple people were whispering all around them both, numbing their senses.

He hurriedly stepped back, and the noises stopped.

Five once again turned to look at Octavia, his heart pounding so loud he could hear it in his ears.

His eyes met hers, and hers returned to their natural green.

Octavia began to cry.

Not the sort of crying that came with the use of her powers, but the sort of body aching, all consuming cry as real, salty tears ran down her cheeks, making tracks on her dirt covered face.

Her face contorted in anguish, her mouth open in screams that could never surface.

She crouched down to the ruined floor, as if crushed by the weight of her own emotions, and continued to howl soundlessly in her sea of emotional pain, holding her own body as she wept.

Octavia stopped her silent cries, and kneeled with her head hung low, slender hands covering her ears, eyes squeezed shut so tight it should've hurt.

She was whispering something low in her throat, an endlessly stream of consciousness, something projected only for her own ears to hear.

Five lent closer to her once again, and realised she was muttering 'no' over and over again until her voice began to break.

Her mind has been snapped in two, he thought.

Just then, all noises surrounding Octavia stopped.

She stood up and looked Five in his eyes.

He felt a shiver go up his spine.

He felt as if he were going mad himself just looking at her.

She did not smile, nor frown, nor cry as she once had done.

Her expression itself seemed to now be just a mask, concealing something much darker beneath it.

She could not be human.

Five thinks that even the face of a corpse would hold more of an expression, leave more of a memory, yet hers would remain ingrained in his.

He, almost subconsciously, wishes death upon the thing inside his sister, the thing that is wearing the face and skin of his sister.