S

Five rolled a plastic eye in-between his fingers and sighed.

The permanently cold material bringing a sense of calm onto his hunched figure, as he craned his neck to look into the backseat, where a girl, on her early twenties, was passed out clutching a mannequin.

He sighed again, shouts of children startling the tranquil silence inside the van.

Five gazed out of the window, his mind drifting, not for the first time, to the state he found his siblings in years before.

More specifically, to the state he found the girl now in the back of the van to be in.

While the rest of the siblings were dead, quite obviously so, he had found Octavia kneeling in the rubble, eyes half closed and unfocused, black strands of her hair draped over her face, providing a stark contrast to the porcelain texture of her skin.

Black fluid he was too familiar with seeped out of her eyes and nose, and dripped onto the debris beneath her, and if he would have stopped for a second, he would have been able to hear the faint sound of voices swirling around the girl.

Desperately grasping onto any chance that at least one of his siblings was alive, he walked towards her, the rubble crunching underneath his feet with every step, and grabbed her hand.

Startled by the warmth of Five's hand against her freezing one, Octavia looked up.

Her pupils dilated when she saw him and Five's breath hitched in his throat.

"Five?"

"Five!"

Octavia's cries merged into Luther's and Five's head snapped towards the car window his brother was knocking on.

Five blinked and then chuckled as his comically large brother struggled to fit into the tiny (in comparison to how big Luther was) van.

In his peripheral vision, he could see Octavia starting to stir, but still remaining curled up with her hair obscuring most of her face.

Luther followed his worried gaze.

"Is she ok?"

"No, Luther she's not. And you shouldn't be here. How did y-"

Five was cut off by the sound of his sister protesting.

"GetthefuckoffmeKlaus...." Octavia muttered, batting her arms in the direction of the aforementioned man.

Five turned to see her being brutally lugged over Klaus' shoulder as she continued to hit him feebly.

"Get out! You can't be here!" He screamed.

Klaus lent over until he was in the middle of the two front carseats, with Octavia having somehow manoeuvred herself into a position where her arms were draped over his shoulders, and her legs resting on his hips, piggyback style.

"Any luck finding you're one-eyed man?" He asked.

"What's he talkin' about?" Luther demanded, looking between Octavia and Five.

"Does it matter? It's Klaus." Five said.

"Yeah, Klaus' fucking nuts"

Klaus tried to shove his sister off him at that comment, but she dug her nails in as hard as she could.

"What do you want, anyway?"

"So, Grace may have had something to do with Dad's death."

Octavia, honestly annoyed by all the noise, groaned and bashed her head into Klaus' bony shoulder, the mark remaining where she had done the same action but on a glass table the day before, having just started to heal.