chapter three - now everyone is gonna think you're a pervert

༉‧₊˚. ✧. *. ⋆┄✧┄┄┄┄ ⋆┊┊┊┊ ➶ 𓆉。˚ ✧┊┊┊✧ ⁺    ⁺  °┊┊ .𓆟 ͎. 。˚ °  ┊┊                                    ┊┊ ➶ 。˚    ┊┊ ✧ ⁺.                          ┊┊.                      ➶-͙˚ ༘✶┊ ➶ 。˚   °*.           *    ·"

           *    ·"

༉‧₊˚. ✧. *. ⋆┄✧┄┄┄┄ ⋆┊┊┊┊ ➶ 𓆉。˚ ✧┊┊┊✧ ⁺    ⁺  °┊┊ .𓆟 ͎. 。˚ °  ┊┊                                    ┊┊ ➶ 。˚    ┊┊ ✧ ⁺.                          ┊┊.                      ➶-͙˚ ༘✶┊ ➶ 。˚   °*.           *    ·"

Of all places in the country, I never would have seen myself winding up in a small town named after a utensil with a population of 3,120 people.

I suspected the closest crime this town has witnessed is a raccoon robbing somebody's trash can or a bear trying to break into someone's house.

Having previously and vicariously lived in Texas-Fredericksburg, I feel sort of like an odd skewered ball in the town. To leave the one place I loved – the place my dad grew up in and the place he raised me, left a rigid hole in my stomach.

The whole means of packing our lives away sent me into an overdrive of emotions–the most profound emotion being that Kimi ruined my life and resumes to do so as an everyday endeavor. I had been forced to pack all the wonders of my hometown and say goodbye to what friends I did have – which was one college girl, Leliah, who I only saw every once in a while, and Hector, my next door neighbor dog that always sat in the front lawn–his owner sucked. The worst part was saying goodbye to dad's grave – I felt guilty just leaving. Like I was abandoning dad. I thought about the chances of stealing his grave, but I could imagine how Kimi would have reacted. So, I just said goodbye with a bouquet of stolen flowers I took from Hector's owner's beds and a kiss of my own affection on the tough-ice-cold stone.

So, here I was, sitting in Kimi's old convertible in a packed parking lot in front of a school made of brick and wired fencing, forced to conform to a life Kimi thought would be healthy for us, but the funny thing was, I never felt more alone.

And just the thought of walking through a crowd of students made my gut wrench uneasily. I considered if school was even vital to have a future. The idea of junior year and starting all over again made me want to hurl my insides out.

"Hey," Kimi said with soft eyes and with one hand she drew it to pat my arm, but I pulled back instinctively. She could see the intense anxiety rising inside me. I began fidgeting with my fingers – a nervous habit I was prone to. "You're gonna be fine."

I narrowed my eyes, snapping them to her, "Yeah, cause moving to an entirely different town in the middle of a school year and with nobody to talk to is the correct term for 'fine.'"

𝐄𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 - 𝐄𝐝𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara