chapter four - first impressions

༉‧₊˚. ✧. *. ⋆┄✧┄┄┄┄ ⋆┊┊┊┊ ➶ 𓆉。˚ ✧┊┊┊✧ ⁺ ⁺  °┊┊ .𓆟 ͎. 。˚ ° ┊┊ ┊┊ ➶ 。˚   ┊┊ ✧ ⁺. ┊┊. ➶-͙˚ ༘✶┊ ➶ 。˚   °*. * ·"

           *    ·"

༉‧₊˚. ✧. *. ⋆┄✧┄┄┄┄ ⋆┊┊┊┊ ➶ 𓆉。˚ ✧┊┊┊✧ ⁺ ⁺  °┊┊ .𓆟 ͎. 。˚ ° ┊┊ ┊┊ ➶ 。˚   ┊┊ ✧ ⁺. ┊┊. ➶-͙˚ ༘✶┊ ➶ 。˚   °*. * ·"

I was anxious not to be late for class on my first day.

One of my new acquaintances, who considerately reminded me that her name was Angela, had Biology II with me the next hour.

We walked to class together in silence once I left the bathroom and went back to the cafeteria to rejoin. She was considerably shy, but I didn't mind. In fact, I preferred her overtly kind and quiet airs then Jessica's long-winded preambles and her noticeably vain habits.

When we entered the classroom, Angela went to sit at a black-topped lab table exactly like the ones I was used to. She already had a neighbor. In fact, all the tables were filled but one.

Next to the center aisle, I froze when I recognized that same boy who I ran into by the men's bathroom, although now there was no way to evade the level of awkwardness we both endured. His unusual bronze hair was the first thing I noticed aside from his bright-topaz eyes, and quite to my dismay, he was sitting next to the only empty seat left in the entire classroom.

Yep. Fate hated me. And this town's very name, was personally stabbing into my existence.

"Are you going to take a seat Miss West or continue staring at it? I could get you some binoculars if that helps," suddenly announced Mr. Banner with a clipped voice and a clipboard in his hands as his framed-eyes stared at me expectantly.

Every pair of my classmates looked at me curiously, some snickering, and some hiding their obvious giggles. I could feel my whole face swell up in embarrassment before I shook my head and quickly fled to the empty seat that somehow gave me more trouble than I did.

The girl sitting there giggled. I'd noticed that his eyes were black — coal black. Mr. Banner signed my slip and handed me a book with no nonsense about introductions – I had a slight feeling that Mr. Banner made deductions from my previous records already. I could tell we were going to get along amazingly. As I walked down the aisle to introduce myself to the teacher who I passively nodded at and got my slip signed, I was watching the boy surreptitiously. Just as I passed, he suddenly went rigid in his seat. He stared at me again, meeting my eyes with the strangest expression on his face — it was hostile, furious. I looked away quickly, shocked, going red again. I stumbled over a book in the walkway and had to catch myself on the edge of a table.