chapter seven - cracked glass

༉‧₊˚. ✧. *. ⋆┄✧┄┄┄┄ ⋆┊┊┊┊ ➶ 𓆉。˚ ✧┊┊┊✧ ⁺    ⁺  °┊┊ .𓆟 ͎. 。˚ °  ┊┊                                    ┊┊ ➶ 。˚    ┊┊ ✧ ⁺.                          ┊┊.                      ➶-͙˚ ༘✶┊ ➶ 。˚   °*.           *    ·"

           *    ·"

༉‧₊˚. ✧. *. ⋆┄✧┄┄┄┄ ⋆┊┊┊┊ ➶ 𓆉。˚ ✧┊┊┊✧ ⁺    ⁺  °┊┊ .𓆟 ͎. 。˚ °  ┊┊                                    ┊┊ ➶ 。˚    ┊┊ ✧ ⁺.                          ┊┊.                      ➶-͙˚ ༘✶┊ ➶ 。˚   °*.           *    ·"

In my dream it was very dark, and what dim light there was seemed to be radiating from Edward's skin.

I couldn't see his face, just his back as he walked away from me, leaving me in the blackness. No matter how fast I ran, I couldn't catch up to him; no matter how loud I called, he never turned.

And then, I suddenly was no longer in control – my arm had gone numb as I blindly roved through the darkness.

I inhaled sharply when I took one angular twist around a bend of some sorts and went tumbling to the ground. That's when I saw him – the man without a face. I gasped when a wide, ominous smile unraveled on his lips and dark beady red eyes stared back at me, challenging my fear.

I screamed the moment he lunged at me–

And my scream was broken by my fall when I rolled off my bed and onto the beautiful wooden floorboards, utterly soaked in my own sweat and breathing erratically like I had just run a marathon.

The strange and rather worrisome part? I was holding a knife in my hand—the question was how the hell did I manage to get a knife in the middle of the night?

Troubled that very night, I found that if I tried to go back to sleep, I might do something profoundly stupid. After that, Edward was in my dreams nearly every night, but always on the periphery, never within reach — along with the faceless man–a man that had razor sharp teeth and red blood eyes.

I came to the realization I was somehow a sleeper walker, if only to explain my bizarre conundrum.

The month that followed the accident was uneasy, tense, and, at first, embarrassing.

To my dismay, I found myself the center of attention for the rest of that week. Tyler Crowley was impossible, following me around, obsessed with making amends to me somehow. I tried to convince him what I wanted more than anything else was for him to forget all about it — especially since nothing had actually happened to me besides a faint cut and stitches — but he remained insistent. He followed me between classes and sat at our now-crowded lunch table. Mike and Eric were even less friendly toward him than they were to each other, which made me worry that I'd gained another unwelcome fan. No one seemed concerned about Edward, though I explained over and over that he was the hero — how he had pulled me out of the way and had nearly been crushed, too. I tried to be convincing.