chapter sixteen - the meadow

༉‧₊˚. ✧. *. ⋆┄✧┄┄┄┄ ⋆┊┊┊┊ ➶ 𓆉。˚ ✧┊┊┊✧ ⁺ ⁺  °┊┊ .𓆟 ͎. 。˚ ° ┊┊ ┊┊ ➶ 。˚   ┊┊ ✧ ⁺. ┊┊. ➶-͙˚ ༘✶┊ ➶ 。˚   °*. * ·"

 * ·"

༉‧₊˚. ✧. *. ⋆┄✧┄┄┄┄ ⋆┊┊┊┊ ➶ 𓆉。˚ ✧┊┊┊✧ ⁺ ⁺  °┊┊ .𓆟 ͎. 。˚ ° ┊┊ ┊┊ ➶ 。˚   ┊┊ ✧ ⁺. ┊┊. ➶-͙˚ ༘✶┊ ➶ 。˚   °*. * ·"

My thoughts weren't any clearer when it came to Edward and the Cullen's, but that didn't stop me from anticipating the time I was to spend with him.

Saturday morning dawned in Fork's typical gray fashion. The sunlight strained to reach the small town through a layer of clouds. But for the first time in a while, the clouds that sailed across the sky were delicate and thin. It looked as if Edward's promise on good weather came true.

Apart from his promise of answering a few of my own questions in regards to his family and himself, I kept his plan to see me this morning heavily in mind. I woke up hours earlier for once due to my immense excitement and readily showered, putting on jeans, my combat boots, and a sweater with a jacket. I had hoped it was a good fit for whatever we were to do. Thankfully, my wardrobe was nothing if not backwoods casual friendly. Old t-shirts and jeans were the norm, with one of my long jackets concealing my weapon of choice—Charlie's pocket knife tucked securely on my belt.

Better safe then sorry. Edward was still dangerous. I had to be sure of my safety.

Like that's gonna do any good against a invincible vampire.

The thought was what counted.

I decided to cover my neck this time with a scarf borrowed from Kimi's. She wouldn't notice—I was taking all precautions.

After I was dressed, I kept my hair down, deciding to free my curls from a flat iron and dabbled on some make up. . .I didn't know where Edward was taking me, but I figured I may as well dress somewhat reformed. It was almost eight o'clock by the time I had finished and head down to grab some breakfast. I passed time munching on a pop tart whilst nervously checking the time every few seconds.

It felt like time passed painfully slow as if time itself was taunting my patience.

Charlie had already packed up and was gone whilst Kimi was still getting ready for work. Which meant Kimi was going to field questions about Edward once he got here. . . Well, shit.

I did not even think about that. I was hoping Kimi was gonna be gone before he got here.

"Wow, I'm surprised you're up early. . .And dressed. Do you have plans today?" While Kimi seemed hopeful I had changed my mind about the dance, the obvious look of suspicion on her face didn't aid my current dilemma as to lie to her reasonably. She was already fashioned in her scrubs, pouring herself a mug of coffee and grabbing her lunch from the fridge.