hairo kineshi.

Parring hairo kineshi x ReaderWord Count: 0

Word Count: 0.9k

The tennis team really did a number on you today. When people said that Hairo takes his job as a captain seriously, they really meant it. He worked everyone to the bone with serves, running drills, practice games, and form. No wonder the coach lets him run the practices a lot. You finally changed out of your tennis clothes and back into your uniform, and honestly, you were having a hard time carrying your stuff. Your school bag, your gym bag, and your other school books. Your arms were killing you from the practice. Not only that but your home is kind of far. Great. You dawdle at the school gate to grovel a bit more.

"Hey, Y/N, how are you feeling today? Did you enjoy today's practice?" you turn to see Hairo. Your bitterness melts away when you see his warm smile.

"Uh, yeah. It was great," you fake your happiness, and you were hoping he'd just brush it off and continue with his day. He doesn't, though, and instead notices your gloominess.

"Are you sure? You seem kinda down," he says. He's actually being soft and caring with you. Something you've never seen.

"Well, I'm just kinda tired from practice today," you admit.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that. Maybe I went a little too far this time," Hairo says.

"It's alright, although you worked way harder yourself," you reply.

"Well, it's important to push myself, or I'll never get better," he declares.

"I guess, but you shouldn't push yourself too hard," you say. He laughs a bit.

"Maybe you're right, but I don't have much time for rest," he declares once more. He's always the same.

"Well, I gotta get home, so I'll see you tomorrow," you say, ready to scurry off before he asks you to bunny hop with him somewhere. You struggle with your belongings, and your arms still ache from the swinging-racket drills you did. Damn it, you think. He notices your struggle and comes up next to you.

"Do you need help with those?" he asks you, pointing to your number of bags.

"I'm fine, don't worry," you brush off. You just want to get home as soon as possible.

"Are you sure? You look like you're really struggling," he observes.

"Yup, totally fine," you reply. But he still won't let up.

"How about I carry it for you?" he offers.

"No, no thanks. You're probably super busy anyway," you wave off.

"Well, if someone needs my assistance, I will drop everything and help them," he pats his chest confidently. You feel yourself getting a bit hot from that. You shake it off and protest one more time, but he won't take no for an answer. Instead, he grabs everything from you and carries it himself.

"Thank you for your help," you say. He's still all bubbly and happy despite the weight on his arms and shoulders.

"Of course! I'm happy to do it," he chirps. "I can walk with you to your house and give you back your stuff when we get there."

"Huh? You don't have to go that far," you protest.

"It's okay, really, besides it's not that heavy," he reassures. "I can make it just fine." You don't know what to say now. No matter what you say, he'll just reassure you that he's strong enough. You feel terrible like this. You need to make it up to him.

"Thank you again for all your help," you thank him for the millionth time. By this point, you're almost to your house.

"No problem!" he cheers.

"You know, how about I do a favor for you? You know, to make it even," you offer. He gives you a confused look.

"You don't have to do that," he replies.

"I know, but I want to," you say. He gets a bit red.

"Oh, okay," he quietly says. "If you want to."

"How about I get you some ice cream? Or buy you some ramen? I could get this week's Jump. Is there anything, in particular, you'd want?" you ramble. He thinks for a bit.

"I guess..." he trails off, seemingly still thinking.

"I mean, you don't have to answer right away," you wave your hands in front of yourself.

"Hmm, I think getting ramen together sounds good," he cheerfully says.

"Oh, okay," you're surprised he thought to make a decision so quickly. "Cool, I guess I can give some money for it then—"

"You're not gonna come with me?" he cuts you off.

"Well, I mean, I didn't think you needed me there," you admit. He looks kind of sad now.

"Oh, I see," he mutters.

"Unless you want me there," you say.

"I would like to have your company," he admits. "It would make it more fun if you're there." You feel hot like before.

"Well, then I'll come," you murmur.

"Really? That's great! I can't wait then," he cheers. You see your house and go to it with Hairo behind you. He hands you your things at your front gate.

"Yeah, when do you want to go?" you ask him.

"How about tomorrow? After tennis practice," he says.

"Yeah, that sounds good," you say.

"And maybe tomorrow, I can carry your stuff again," he declares.

"Huh? What? Why? You don't have to do that," you protest.

"Well, it'll give us an excuse to spend time together, right?" he asks innocently. You're speechless for a second.

"I guess it does," you admit.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow, Y/N," he begins to take his leave.

"Y-yeah, see you tomorrow," you stammer. Oh man, you can't wait for tomorrow.