Red

That first night, you encountered a strange handsome man whose name is Hyunjin. According to the rumor, you should not trust anybody you meet in the midst of the night for they could be a demon in disguise, trying to lure you into their embrace to take you

However, you found nothing odd about the stranger. He seems to know you very well. Almost like you're talking to an old friend but how weird because you barely have any friends in your childhood.

Drink after drink, you accept his offer after a wonderful dance and a few exchanges of words.

Finding it harmless you decided to drink more, something was bothering you but you didn't want to tell him, and neither can you tell anyone.

How strange it was that talking to such a stranger on your favorite field was making your mood sad. Was it because you've come to realize how alone you truly were, or was it perhaps the summer?

Who knows.

"I'm here to visit a few friends and family, after being gone for so long," You explain as Hyunjin listens to you.

Your voice brings a sense of familiarity to him as he leans his head against the palm of his hand, taking a sip of his drink in the other.

Then he said, "For how long? I would like to get to know you more within the days you are staying, it is a shame to not dance with you again when you're the first I haven't encountered for so long."

You giggle at his words as you help yourself with another cup of liquor, "I was here only to perform for the opening of the village festival, but I'll be staying for three days. Until the festival ends, I'll leave my hometown to travel again."

Hyunjin hums in response to your reply. His eyes watch you, without you noticing the spark of ruby in them.

"Oh, why travel so much? Are you searching for something?" Hyunjin continues, keeping the conversation going as he was starting to get interested in you slowly.

His mind starts moving as he listens to you speak about your travel life and all the things you've done. You sounded very familiar with his memories and he was almost persistent to keep you talking to him.

"I'm actually hoping to find a perfect dancer to accompany me because preferably I would like someone who can share the same interests as me. I tend to look for talent more than looks," You explain further forgetting that he was a stranger and you should keep watch of your words.

After having encountered strangers through your travels you've to find Hyunjin quite different. You should not let that change your mind, as you've told yourself many times but how can you not when he seems so harmless and friendly.

You guys clicked so fast and if you were being honest, it was quite scary yet enticing at the same time.

"I'm sure there could be somebody out there waiting for you. Both alluring and skillful," said Hyunjin as he realizes there was no more liquor but a cup left.

"I'm sure there is too." You chuckle, "What about you? Why are you alone here?"

Hyunjin's expressions changes at your words and you thought you had said something wrong. Hyunjin paused for a few seconds before looking away in the distance. His eyes spark something you don't know as you watch him lift his gaze to the field of love and longing.

"I'm actually like you...waiting for the right person to dance with," He chuckles deeply, "Or it's more like I'm waiting for somebody."

Something about his voice was laced with sadness as you listened to him. You wonder who could it be that he was waiting for that had to bring him here, to where you escape.

You comment, "I see. Well, you're quite a good dancer, I hope to see you around again."

Hyunjin turns his attention to you again and this time you felt like your whole body has frozen. The look in his eyes flickered something so fast that you thought you blinked.

"You can always come back whenever you feel like dancing again. I'll always be here to accompany you until you can no longer feel your feet." He chuckles, taking a sip of his last drink.

You hum in response. "Well, then I'll be back soon. May you keep your word, Hyunjin."

"I always keep my words, my lady." Then he kisses the back of your hand before you can stand up to walk away. A light blush crept upon your face and you look away right on time when a light smirk had tugged his lip.

Perhaps, it was not Hyunjin who was charmed, but you. 

---

Sorry for not updating for so long. I've seen many of you enjoying this story so far. I'm glad and happy. 

Thank you for the support so far and I hope this book brings you more interest as you progress further into the story. 

It's simple but I hope you look for to it.