Roses

Your heart was here in this field of roses and so was his however the reasons were different as for you it was a field you've made with pure love and no evil but as for this strange man...Hwang Hyunjin's reason why he remains in this field was unknown.

Come to think of it, you never knew why Hyunjin loves your rose field so much as to even make his presence known to you that this was also his favorite place to rest.

You furrow your brows in confusion, he will only come here at night, right?

Hyunjin gently pick up a rose from the aisle of rose bushes, planted beside the pillars he stood. A smile tugs his lip but if only you were close enough you would've seen the sinister intentions behind it.

He rips it off the vines and casually pluck it's thorns off, leaving the beauty become defenseless.

You watch in confusion as a small voice echoes beside you again, "He's not normal...Run while you still can."

It was this moment, you realized the voices were not coming from your head or from your conscious but from your surroundings.

You hastily let your eyes rummage around the shadowed field of roses. The breeze blows through them letting them each dance with it's cool touch as it passes, not forgetting to kiss your cheeks gently afterwards.

What a strange fellow...you should have thought twice before proceeding into your rose field as something you have come to realize just now, didn't sit well with you.

Then you recalled what Felix and Jeongin had told you, "It takes the form of a handsome man."

Your blood runs cold as you hope to yourself that the Rose Demon everyone fear was not the handsome fellow you had been dancing with for so long.

Hyunjin chuckles to you with his adorable soft smile. Something about the shadows where he stood appears odd. You swore you almost saw his eyes flicker red along with the shadow of a huge beast.

Hyunjin steps out of the gazebo and carefully steps closer to your red figure again, "I want to teach you a dance. Do you want to dance it with me?"

You chuckle sheepishly, "It depends what kind of dance."

Hyunjin takes your hand in his again and you couldn't resist the way he looks into your brown orbs with such a charming smile.

"I want you to dance the Red Dance with me," He said and you blink at the idea of it. "Will you be my partner for this beautiful red dance?"

You felt the shivers run down your spine the moment you felt his hand touch your exposed waist. His fingers ghost over your abdomen where the jeweled belt hung around your waist comfortably.

The Red Dance as you have heard from many stories through your travels, it is a dance for the devil as it was a performance which you have given permission to the devil to take your soul to appease the very few it has its eye on.

One out of the few it lays its eyes on, may perform the red dance alone, to sacrifice themselves to the devil to save the others from the devil's grasp.

However, the red dance was not quite a solo dance as it was a performance granted by the dancer to allow the devil into their dance, to be their partner. Therefore the devil can take them after tiring their heart and soul with the deadly dance of red.

After doing so, they will be forever his.

You were slowly questioning yourself at the sudden request from this stranger you have just gotten used to recently within a while.

You gently remove your hand from his. This was the first retreat you have ever done.

This was the first time a lady has decline his offer...his dance.